Stolen DH Bike

Guest Omega Man

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Omega Man

good stuff dude, glad to hear you have some silver lining out of this. I love the CCDB shock, its sexydrool.gif

Shot. Look it is 2nd hand but it's one of 3 in the country so that makes it a little special.

On the ride side of things. I took it for it's 2nd ride yesterday afternoon. The first ride really had me 2nd guessing my decision. The front wheel was pushing hectically in the corners and I really couldn't get a feel for what was going on up front. I let a little air out of the front tire and added a click of low speed compression and voila.

It pedals amazingly well and the rear end remains very active under braking so i can brake much later into corners and get on the pedals quicker after the corners. In the air it's rad. It jumps amazingly well and feels very balanced in the air. The rear spring is way too soft for my weight causing me to smash my bb once and pedals 3 times. To be fair i hit the same pedal on the same rock 3 times so I'm hitting my lines. Literally.

Sorry for the crappy cellphone pic but you get the idea. I swopped out the saddle, grips and brakes it came with to get things a little more blacked out. The spring is too soft for my lard ass so it pushes the front a little in the corners. I've ordered a harder spring (TI of course) I should get that on Wednesday.

Apart from the cornering the bike rides amazingly well. It's super balanced in the air and pedals like a demon. I hate to say this but I think this is a better bike than a Makulu. I will be getting some Hope brakes at some point but I can't think of anything else on the bike I'd want changed.

Some highlights

Turner DHR

CCDB rear shock

Kashima Fox 40

Hope Hubs

ZTR Flow Rims

Avid Code Brakes

Straitline Levers

Sunline Direct mount stem

Renthal 10mm Bars

X9

Saint Cranks

C Sixx carbon chainguide.

Syncros super light Roadie seat

post-18968-0-68734600-1358064748_thumb.jpg

post-18968-0-24230300-1358064791_thumb.jpg

change out those *** ztr flow rims. They are so soft

Guest Omega Man

change out those *** ztr flow rims. They are so soft

They are super light tho. We are going light on this build. TI spring goes in on Wed. Then it's some Hans Dampfs. Super duper light.

Guest Omega Man

I thought you hated the Hans?!

No No. don't hate them. Just don't RAVE about them like some of my other mates. They deff don't have the side grip of a minion. But they are damn light I'll give them that.

Guest Omega Man

Nice looking rig OM!

Where are you getting the Ti spring from?

I just ordered it from a shop.

Guest Omega Man

Really, better side grip than the Minions? Are they more predictable?

No Minions have better side grip. Especially on powdery trails. On rocks and roots the Hans feels better. This is my supermegagooner opinion so don't take my word for it.

Edited by Omega Man

Guest Omega Man

from one gooner to another, for the price of the Hans, they should be something.. !

For me the big advantage is that the 2.35 Hans D triple ply tire weighs the same as a single ply minion. If you know where to look they aren't that expensive.

Sorry bru. I saw you leaving. Mylo got a bit gesuip on Friday night so he only rocked up at 10. then we tried to man handle a softer spring in there. no dice.

No problem, I just had to get out there before the temperature went berserk. Was my first ride since early December, so super slow.

For me the big advantage is that the 2.35 Hans D triple ply tire weighs the same as a single ply minion. If you know where to look they aren't that expensive.

Going lighter is good. I'm running wire-bead minions (at R280 each, they're dirt cheap) and super-thick DH tubes, but I reckon things would feel quite a bit livelier with less portly rubber. My wheels weigh a ton, and I really noticed it yesterday while riding down DH2 and vasbyt on my 29er hardtail in comparison - there is something to be said for having a bit of nimbleness on a bike!

Going lighter is good. I'm running wire-bead minions (at R280 each, they're dirt cheap) and super-thick DH tubes, but I reckon things would feel quite a bit livelier with less portly rubber. My wheels weigh a ton, and I really noticed it yesterday while riding down DH2 and vasbyt on my 29er hardtail in comparison - there is something to be said for having a bit of nimbleness on a bike!

Ja dude, I added up all the weight on my old wheelset (DH rims) and it came to a MASSIVE 5.91kg! New build (with existing tires) is 4.46kg. With the Dampfs on, it'll be the same. Hans Dampf tjoopless is the same weight as my outgoing Wolverine.

Guest Omega Man

and super-thick DH tubes,

That's close to a kg right there. So you've p!ssed away all the millions the Giant World cup team has spent on R&D to get your bike as good as it can possibly be.Shame on you. You need to immediately make both wheels tubeless (And not the shitty ghetto tubeless) to appease the bike gods.