MTB shoes

JeffD

Hi,

Anyone know of a good place to get MTBing shoes that don cost a fortune?

There are so many brands that I've never heard of & I'm not looking to spend much more than R1k.

Most shops take pride in their bike displays & the amount of bikes they have but when it comes to shoes stock looks limited, unorganised & the boxes look like they've been there for 10 years. Even Cycle Lab Fourways has a limited choice.

Thanks,

Jeff

Try Sports Basement in Woodmead. Lots of stock for up to 40% off.

was there last week, only had limited options in mtb shoes.

First ascent were going for R800 and Olympics at R600 odd at SW last time i saw. Else pm Cwcycles and see what price they can give you. I ordered a pair of Olympics from the shop and they just dumped it in the box when I ordered stuff from the online shop

I can really recommend shimano skoens....they are tough as nails. Think the model is M087. Think they are just over a 1000 if you shop around a bit.

My non-neg wrt to skoene.

1. Tough

2. Ratchet type clip at the top

3. Stiff sole

As mentioned SW have a yellow sticker special on, went there this morning and tried on the FA shoes but found them a bit tight for my broad feet so got the Olympics for which fit better.

Thanks!

I also have broad feet with collapsed arches therefore I use special inserts. Finding shoes is not always easy as sizes range for me depending on the brand. I'm usually an 11 though.

I can really recommend shimano skoens....they are tough as nails. Think the model is M087. Think they are just over a 1000 if you shop around a bit.

1. Tough

3. Stiff sole

+1 on Shimano shoes.

try Westdene cycles they always have old stock at sic prices

1. Tough

3. Stiff sole

I have those. They're comfortable and nice to ride... they're actually more comfortable than my S-Works carbon shoes.