Maxi icons for Epic and Attakwas

Hendrik vd Walt

Maxxi Ardent at back and Icon in front for Epic, cant afford a sidewall cut on any of these long events!!!!

Maxxi Ardent at back and Icon in front for Epic, cant afford a sidewall cut on any of these long events!!!!

Ask Karma about his Ikon EXC/3C/EXO sidewall weekend before last whistling.gif

Ask Karma about his Ikon EXC/3C/EXO sidewall weekend before last whistling.gif

Karma is capable of destroying any tyre.

Just this evening I ghetto tubelessed some Ikon 26x2.2's for my new wheels. But these will be used for quite a different purpose. I plan on keeping them OFF the ground as much as I can :D

Currently running Geax AKA (F) Saguaro ® TNT combo on the jump bike. The Ikons have quite a lot to live up to. Will see after a few jump sessions.

As for the AM bike, loving the MK2 (F) X-King ® combo

I have the Ikons (EXC/3C/EXO)...

Im still undecided on them, yes they roll very nicely but feel a bit thin for my liking. I also find them quite sketchy on loose gravel.

I personally dont mind pedalling that little harder with peace of mind and will go put a Mountain King 2 Protection on the front and an X-King protection at the back when these are finished. Before Joberg2c this combo is what I will have on.

MK2 protection and XK protection got me thru > 2000km of worst terrain RSA has to offer.Weight with bike 115kg .No punctures ever ,No cuts ever .Will stick with this excellent combo for 2013 .JB2c ,CPT and all the rest