Cyclist and drivers can't get along.Real reason why.

stringbean

... and then I ride through a green light this morning only to have a car from the opposite side turn right so that I need to hit the brakes to avoid being hit. Now I'm basically stuck in the the middle of the road as the light changes and the poephol in his polo on my left starts swearing at me because I'm still in the road when the light is green for him. Fortunately I caught up with him at the next red light and asked him if he didn't get any last night as he seemed very angry for no reason this morning, only for him to flat-spot his tyres when pulling away at the traffic light.

I wish this story is the exception but unfortunately there is one of these just about every time I commute. Yesterday's tjop was on a motorbike rider getting agro because I was cruising past the cars in traffic on the shoulder (doing about 25km/h, you never know when someone decides to open a taxi door without looking to get out) and he felt that he needed to pass cars moving at 10km/h at 90km/h and that I should have known telepathically that he wanted to do 90km/h in the shoulder.

Do we roll through stop streets and red lights? Yes we do, but we make sure that its safe before doing that. Same as we have to make sure its safe to roll through green lights as well.

By the way, hand signals seems to be an invitation by drivers to see how close they can come to knocking your hand when you are trying to indicate that you will be turning up ahead.

So you say I dont get along with myself? (Always wondered what that internal fight was all about.) Love riding my bike and driving my car.

sleep.png

Okay, seriously, I have had this though the last couple of weeks: I will pay for e-toll if they put cycling lanes up for me to be able to cycle from home to work.

O and get someone / somehow to keep those lanes safe (like from muggings, etc).

My thoughts exactly wacko.png

Haha... or she could just be a butch lesbian. But there are distinct "curves"...

Oh the mystery!

Not asexual. Fat is the word you were looking for.

I don't recall you being this bitter last year. New years resolution perhaps? Something happen? Want to talk about it? Perhaps a hug?