Western Cape Mountain biking - CT and surrounding areas

Caerus

Since moving to Cape Town and having ridden a fair amount over the holiday period on both my 26" hardtail & dual suspension bikes( and yes I enjoy riding the 26" bikes so it's not down to not having a 29" bike), I feel that my mountain biking has gone a bit backwards, my technical ability is seriously lacking at the moment. I'm not sure if it's having had the pleasure of riding the plush trails in KZN, but with the trail conditions the way they are in Cape Town and surrounding areas I'm not a happy bunny on the bike at the moment.

Could it be down to my setup and tyre pressures? Is it down to the fact that I'm not used to the trail conditions, or that the trails are also all pretty new to me. It's driving me nuts, please help.

go for a spin with a few locals maybe....where you based? I'm sure some of the hubbers nearby will gladly take you for a spin through an area...

go for a spin with a few locals maybe....where you based? I'm sure some of the hubbers nearby will gladly take you for a spin through an area...

I've been riding mostly by myself, to get my fitness back up, so once I am where I want to be fitness wise then I will hook up with guys. Just battling at the moment with getting the time being in a new job. So during the week it's only been road training.

Been riding Tokai, Contermans, Meerendal and Hillcrest.

Nice, we will be doing a Jonkers ride soon ... will let you know when and come on over with us.

Just a note on ... I was not really enjoying the Shova towards the last quarter of the previous year, she just lost her "FlowJo", so I spent sometime over the holidays getting the bike setup right with a fair bit of emphasis on the suspension set up ..... boy oh boy does she ride so well now!

There is still a little fiddling to be done and I want to service the Revelation soon (will do it myself).

Nice, we will be doing a Jonkers ride soon ... will let you know when and come on over with us.

Just a note on ... I was not really enjoying the Shova towards the last quarter of the previous year, she just lost her "FlowJo", so I spent sometime over the holidays getting the bike setup right with a fair bit of emphasis on the suspension set up ..... boy oh boy does she ride so well now!

There is still a little fiddling to be done and I want to service the Revelation soon (will do it myself).

Yeah, I'm definitley keen for Jonkers again, it was awesome there when I rode last Xmas holiday. Maybe you could help me out with my suspension and tyre setup then.

Yeah, I'm definitley keen for Jonkers again, it was awesome there when I rode last Xmas holiday. Maybe you could help me out with my suspension and tyre setup then.

I can only try and see what's up.

What bike, fork, etc out of interest?

Can I come to the Jonkers ride as well? PLEASE!

Side note: On the setup side, I was forced to replace my Manitou R7 form on Friday, due to everything going to pieces when they wanted to service it. Was an accident waiting to happen. Now I got a Fox Talas second hand form ReCycles in Bellville, and what a difference. All of a sudden I enjoy rocky sections again. :) Now I just need to get my DT Swiss M210 replaced with a RP23 and I will be a very happy camper on my bike again.

I can only try and see what's up.

What bike, fork, etc out of interest?

That would be awesome if you could help, I'm riding these bad boys at the moment, maybe we can get the Cpt in on the action, or is he already going along to Jonkers? Possibly get some other hubbers in on the action?

post-13006-0-06700100-1358242092_thumb.jpg

Schweeet, lemme know when the Jonkershoek ride is due to take place too please. Grazzi

Closer to the time I will post a general call.

It will be posted on the Hub and also on the Warthogs Mail list .... might be a large group of riders and we can split into the "slow/unfit/newbie" and "faster/fitter" rider groups.... hell there might even be enough people to have an intermediate group too!

Closer to the time I will post a general call.

It will be posted on the Hub and also on the Warthogs Mail list .... might be a large group of riders and we can split into the "slow/unfit/newbie" and "faster/fitter" rider groups.... hell there might even be enough people to have an intermediate group too!

Sounds awesome, I met a woman at a mates house the other day whos husband is also a fellow hubber, he may join us as well. This sounds like it could be a great day out. clap.gif