IM70.3 SA 2014

Milkworx

It is one of the great things about Ironman, is you know that almost everyone is there for something other than just athletic achievement. It really is a privilege to share the course with so many remarkable people.

To read their stories just makes you want to go back and do it all again.

Jip. Lost my mom to cancer 6 months before the 2013 IM. Training for and doing the IM certainly helped me through the roughest patch in my life so far.

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those who don't understand why this event is so important to us, take a little time to read this.

To those who do, read it too.

Wow, some amazing people always taking part in IM events. It makes me feel bad for complaining about a finisher's shirt.

For those who don't understand why this event is so important to us, take a little time to read this.

To those who do, read it too.

i Remember that day so well. Female wave was still on the beach when he came out. Although IM is an individual sport, there are so many people who help and inspire along the way. And yes, it assists greatly in taking the demons away. Fantastic event.

I don't think we will ever understand what a strong woman Robyn is, whatever adjective fails to what she has done. She is truly an Ironman in name and in spirit.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Hi guys! Begging for some help here. I went for my practice swim and my five month old Garmin Fenix 2 has flooded. PLEASE, does anyone have a spare device? Essentially, I can get by on heart rate. Call me - 082 438 8664. I am panicking!

Garmin were going to send a replacement down by the end of today, but obviously the Garmin rep and the courier had a miscommunication. And I won't have a watch!

update :

Huge thanks to Elton for loaning me his edge 500. The hub community is awesome.

Thanks Elton and good luck tomorrow!

Archived