Show us your AM / Heavy Duty Hardtails

Audible Anarchy

Lol, yes and a bell, (to chase hikers) :blush: , was my commuter/ XC build. Just took few jumps tonight with bottle in bottle cage, haha

Maxxis Holyrollers... they do exactly as they say on the label, rolls like nobodies business

2.? How are they wrt grippyness? Would a long travel fork work on the 29" inbred?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2.? How are they wrt grippyness? Would a long travel fork work on the 29" inbred?
I asked the on one boys about that and they said no.....But hey..... If you have a long travel 29er fork lying around give it a spin

I asked the on one boys about that and they said no.....But hey..... If you have a long travel 29er fork lying around give it a spin

I could have one some time soon... Why did they say it won't work?

Grippyness, lol... the rollers dont give much, they are for hardpacked bermed trails, I do ride them in the mountain, but dont push them at all. With profile like this, they are only to go fast, not fast and corner on gravel, haha.

http://www.4sport.hu/shop/images/D/maxxis_holy_roller_tire.jpg

Grippyness, lol... the rollers dont give much, they are for hardpacked bermed trails, I do ride them in the mountain, but dont push them at all. With profile like this, they are only to go fast, not fast and corner on gravel, haha.

http://www.4sport.hu/shop/images/D/maxxis_holy_roller_tire.jpg

Hahahaha! Lekker for winter up here...

Hahahaha! Lekker for winter up here...

Just waiting for the cold fronts to arrive, then ill be popping on some rougher rubber, and also go the tubeless route, as I take a while to catch up to trends, haha

Just waiting for the cold fronts to arrive, then ill be popping on some rougher rubber, and also go the tubeless route, as I take a while to catch up to trends, haha

Hahaha! Awesome!!

Was hitting big trails for the 1st time on a hardtail again (used to be only my Full sus's domain),

all I have to say, riding a full sus makes you lazy!!

Found out, Igot used to sitting half the way on a downhill, on hardtail, you'll lose some stuff when you do that.

Also makes you much more alert and pushes you to have exactly the right speed for jumps, haha... BUt love the new ride, brings back what I forgot mountainbiking was about.

And after I was done, took the bike for street session (With waterbottle and bell) and dropped some stairs, bunnyhopped some stoepe and did some gaps in town, handles like a dream, think im in love :wub:

Was hitting big trails for the 1st time on a hardtail again (used to be only my Full sus's domain),

Found out, Igot used to sitting half the way on a downhill, on hardtail, you'll lose some stuff when you do that.

Also makes you much more alert and pushes you to have exactly the right speed for jumps, haha... BUt love the new ride, brings back what I forgot mountainbiking was about.

And after I was done, took the bike for street session (With waterbottle and bell) and dropped some stairs, bunnyhopped some stoepe and did some gaps in town, handles like a dream, think im in love :wub:

Feels nice and direct compared to a long travel duallie .... and just so very playfull!

Similar experience on mine. It is only on really rough very rocky stuff that the proper 140mm ds bike works better.

• 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Not Much but here's my one baby.

Silverback Sierra Medium Frame

Rockshox Tora 130mm Forks

Funn 45mm stem

Spank 760 flat bars

Raceface 175mm cranks

Zee 1x 10 speed groupset

Mavic Crossride wheels with bontrager xr1 rubber...although those tyres will go soon

WTB Volt saddle

just need to fit the narrow wide and the frame is getting a sweet new paint job and going back to flats

post-66452-0-54173700-1430767070_thumb.jpg

Archived