Shimano Pedals - clipping in - please help.

Dumpykym

I can't seem to get my cleats to "click" in(Shimano PD-R540). Cleats do grip but I don't hear the "click". First time I'm using cleats - any advice on what to do please hubbers.

I can't seem to get my cleats to "click" in(Shimano PD-R540). Cleats do grip but I don't hear the "click". First time I'm using cleats - any advice on what to do please hubbers.

Tighten those screws to the “+” side. If it is new cleats you won’t have a problem hearing the "click".

How good is your hearing? ;) (Sorry, couldn't help, being a little hard of hearing myself)

How good is your hearing? ;) (Sorry, couldn't help, being a little hard of hearing myself)

Haha...only deaf when my credit card tells me too stop!

Tighten those screws to the “+” side. If it is new cleats you won’t have a problem hearing the "click".

Yip went to both sides of the "+" and "-" scale and still not clicking in....they are brand new pedals/cleats and shoes.Possibly I'm doing something wrong being a novice.

Yip went to both sides of the "+" and "-" scale and still not clicking in....they are brand new pedals/cleats and shoes.Possibly I'm doing something wrong being a novice.

you sure that the shoes aren't clogged with old dry mud at the cleat?

you sure that the shoes aren't clogged with old dry mud at the cleat?

Nope---brand new shoes as well as cleats and pedals. Ill keep playing with the tension and see if I come right otherwise Ill take the bike in to LBS and get them to check it out. Thanks for the comments guys

Post some pictures so we can see if there is anything obvious, don't want you wasting $$$ at lbs for cleats

Post some pictures so we can see if there is anything obvious, don't want you wasting $$$ at lbs for cleats

Hi Skistar...will post some pics when I get home later today.

Seems to be all sorted - thanks all for comments. Clipping in easier now, just seemed to be as a result of "new" stifness in pedal and cleat.

I have the same problem with Shimano M505. Also brand new everything, right side clicks easy and loud, left side I have to pull my leg up to ensure the cleats are clipped in. Also tried moving the cleats under the shoe and adjusting tension but I'm still failing. :thumbdown:

Seems to be all sorted - thanks all for comments. Clipping in easier now, just seemed to be as a result of "new" stifness in pedal and cleat.

For your own safety loosen them all the way for the first few rides.

Also put your bike in the passage at home where you can hold onto both walls to practice clipping in and out.

Other option is an IDT. Try and do the first ride in a park with lots of grass.