GT Zaskar 29er Sport or Titan 29er Elite

shaun85

Apprently you can get the Tytan 29R Pro for like three garnd more. That is alot of bang for your buck. Full XT groupset and No Tubes Arch EX wheelset (with XT hubs). Just the wheelset and Groupset is worth R 13000.

Apprently you can get the Tytan 29R Pro for like three garnd more. That is alot of bang for your buck. Full XT groupset and No Tubes Arch EX wheelset (with XT hubs). Just the wheelset and Groupset is worth R 13000.

that makes sense, you going to spend more than what you planned anyway

Thanks for the opinions guys. Sadly SteveS budget is R 10K as there is still all the accessories to buy!

Mulmi at my local LBS hey. Looked lekker hot in the flesh. Didn't feel to heavy either.

The GT looks good! Also have a look at the Merida big nine tfs 500 which also has a tk recon silver solo air shock, XT DR and shimano M505 pedals to save you an extra R300 http://www.merida-bi...ig.Nine TFS 500

Oh and it has the Maxxis Crossmark UST tyres which can immedatiely be converted to tubeless

Not the most attractive bike IMO but what matters is the components

Edited by Wimmas

Yeah the merida isn't the hottest bike- the frame bend by the headset is strange. I ride a merida road bike and love it, so no brand bashing here.

The GT Zaskar and the Silverback Vida 2 have very closely matched specs. and either of the 2 will work

Another local alternative is the Monsen AL329 Race specs. (the rims and the wheel is better than the GT & Vida2) and you can get 1 from R10K to R11K

Here's the info that I have:

• Silverback Vida 2, +-13Kg, R9k cash at Hatfield Cycles
  • GT Zaskar Sport, +-13Kg, R9k cash at Hatfield Cycles
  • Titan Elite, +-14Kg, R9k at Solomons
  • Momsen AL329 Race, +-12.76Kg, R11.5k at Solomons

Where can I get the Momsen for R10k?

Edited by MountainDude

Guest Kalahari ou
Here's the info that I have:
  • Silverback Vida 2, +-13Kg, R9k cash at Hatfield Cycles
  • GT Zaskar Sport, +-13Kg, R9k cash at Hatfield Cycles
  • Titan Elite, +-14Kg, R9k at Solomons
  • Momsen 329R, +-11.5Kg, R11.5k at Solomons

Where can I get the Momsen for R10k?

buddy of mine (lbs owner) sold his GT zasker and got a Rocky Mountain... he sais its the best decission he ever made...

Just throwing it in there...

Get a Momsen AL329 with sun ringle inferno rims just under 10k, one of the lighest under 10k. Or spend a little more and get a Momsen AL329 R-type with ZTR Arch wheelset, air fork and racing ralph tyres!

Yeah its a tough decision. The Titan and Silverback have the best specs. But the GT looks the hottest my opinion. Tricky as the web doesn't have many reviews of any of the bikes!