[Event] MTN National XCM #7 Hilton Driven By NISSAN

Tim_Fair

Event Name: MTN National XCM #7 Hilton Driven By NISSAN
When: 28 July 2013
Where: Hilton College, Hilton, Kwa-Zulu Natal, Kwazulu-Natal
Category: MTB

Event Summery:

One of KZN’s favourite races plays host to SA’s top riders fighting it out for honours in the MTN National Marathon Series once again. Variety is the name of the game with spectacular views over the Albert-Falls Dam and the Umgeni Valley.

The Spectacular Hilton College serves as the Start/ Finish venue, offering huge trees with open grass for spectators to relax under while waiting for their winners to race through the finish. For riders there are hot and cold showers at the Sports Centre and medals for finishers..

The route comprises of 55% forests, 15% sugar-cane, 20% farmland, 5% Thorn-veld, with less than1% on public roads. As always there is an abundance of single track! The complete range of MTB riders will be indulged with rides to suit their fitness and ability:

• MTN National Ultra-Marathon (100km). Longest individual MTB race in KZN. A really tough course to test elite riders. Flowing single track, rugged hills, plantations, farmland and bush-veld. Unique new technical descent into Umngeni Valley added this year.
  • MTN National Marathon (75km). Less total ascent than ultra, but still a good challenge for fit riders. One of the most scenic rides in the country!
  • NISSAN National Half-Marathon (40km). Course this year, avoiding the big climb with flowing sections in Hilton College. This ride has a bit of every-thing…bits of the pro-course but easy bits too.
  • Buycycle Farm Ride (20km). Guaranteed, all who ride this race will enjoy it. Interesting scenery and lots of fun. New fast single track section
  • Advendurance Fun Ride (10km). Put a smile on the kids’ faces. Medals and a sweet for all finishers.

Bring your family along and make them all experience the excitement of mountain biking!

Go to Event Page

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dates are a bit confusing, I assume the marathon is on Saturday 27 July with half on Sunday 28 July? Would like some clarity before entering.

Dates are a bit confusing, I assume the marathon is on Saturday 27 July with half on Sunday 28 July? Would like some clarity before entering.

The race takes place on Sunday 28th July! So all distances take place on the same day! :thumbup:

The race takes place on Sunday 28th July! So all distances take place on the same day! :thumbup:

Thanks, cleary I am the one confused, not the dates :oops:

• 4 weeks later...

Tim, can't load the Ultra profile on the Advendurance site. Could you please post it here?

Can someone assist or recommend accommodation for 2 people for the Saturday night .

Thanks

Max Knox & Nico Bell are separated by just 800 points. Bell stands a chance to move closer to Knox by taking a win at ‎#MTNHilton. Knox will need to better his worst position to guarantee a series win!

I have just done the Nissan Cullinan ride and was really mentally unprepared for the toughness of the ride (It was much tougher than last year). I don't want that to happen again. Can anyone give me a rating on the toughness of this ride compared to Cullinan?

Edited by Mikesa9

I have just done the Nissan Cullinan ride and was really mentally unprepared for the toughness of the ride (It was much tougher than last year). I don't want that to happen again. Can anyone give me a rating on the toughness of this ride compared to Cullinan?

Roughly double the ascent but all ridable (75km)

• 2 weeks later...