GARMIN Edge500 Help

MTB_Roadie

So today on my training ride...my Garmin decided to lose colour on the screen...

It still works, but the screen is very very light so you need to look at a angle to be able to read it.

I tried adjusting the contrast to 100 but still the same.

Any help please!

stupid question but do you have a link for a software update?

You can hardly see aything on it....it worked when I switched it on and suddenly nothing....

stupid question but do you have a link for a software update?

You can hardly see aything on it....it worked when I switched it on and suddenly nothing....

Plug into your pc/laptop if you don't have the garmin updater software, you can download it. Once that's installed, plug garmin in, open up there installed program. It should automatically search or you could click check for updates. If new update found say update now. If not say reload old firmware.

Test....???

I updated it....doesnt work.

The screen went, will send it in this week and have it fixed. it sucks though, such an expensive unit :(

I updated it....doesnt work.

The screen went, will send it in this week and have it fixed. it sucks though, such an expensive unit :(

Unlucky, hold thumbs they replace with 510.

Be careful what you wish for. The 510 is much bigger. I have been contemplating buying a Garmin and after all the reviews I would rather settle on a 500 Red premium bundle. Read dcrainmaikers reviews on 510 and 810 beforehand.

Went from 500 to 510, huge upgrade and not that much bigger. Also have a 800, which is a bit on the big side compared to the 500 and 510.