Weird things going on at Europcar?

Andrew Steer

What also really worries me is the different versions on the timing between the Team manager and the guy heading up the controls for the French Cycling federation... points to questionable ethics from a team manager, which always scares me.

Also agree 100% on the teams signing riders who were busted - sends out completely the wrong message. I always make a mental note where the dopers go after their bans :cursing:

I hear you and I understand your point, but I also think people do change, so maybe a second chance is a good thing, there have been really good riders caught for doping, paid their dues and come back with a positive attitude and a (hopefully) changed outlook, of course the opposite is also true, but I think everyone deserves a second chance.

Another issue really is the very tiny pool in the PRO teams, its actually a terribly incestuous business because riders just sort of move around between teams and to get results teams are happy to take them. Which team would not have signed Lance in his winning years irrespective of any issues or doping suggestions, he won big races and teams want (and Need) that.

I hear you and I understand your point, but I also think people do change, so maybe a second chance is a good thing, there have been really good riders caught for doping, paid their dues and come back with a positive attitude and a (hopefully) changed outlook, of course the opposite is also true, but I think everyone deserves a second chance.

Another issue really is the very tiny pool in the PRO teams, its actually a terribly incestuous business because riders just sort of move around between teams and to get results teams are happy to take them. Which team would not have signed Lance in his winning years irrespective of any issues or doping suggestions, he won big races and teams want (and Need) that.

Sorry, I do agree... I was more referring to the non-repentant types like Di Luca, Ricco, Valverde, Vino... not so much the Bassos, Millars etc of this world.

Surely the only question is "Why are his cortisol levels low" .?

Getting THAT answer will point to a way forward regarding all the other issues of should he ride, what the doctor said etc, to me anyway the chase is "WHY".

Mégret insisted that it was a health test and not a dope test even though a collapse of cortisol level is a strong indication of absorption of corticoids...

Mégret insisted that it was a health test and not a dope test even though a collapse of cortisol level is a strong indication of absorption of corticoids...

Yeah, fair enough, I understand, but in your opinion why would he take cortcoids now, surely they are more sort of "reactive drugs" as opposed to "pro active drugs"?

Yeah, fair enough, I understand, but in your opinion why would he take cortcoids now, surely they are more sort of "reactive drugs" as opposed to "pro active drugs"?

My understanding was they greatly help recovery... I'm no expert though. He was in a tough break away the day before, and the Tour is fast approaching - conditioning needs to be topped up, training and fine tuning to do :whistling:

My understanding was they greatly help recovery... I'm no expert though. He was in a tough break away the day before, and the Tour is fast approaching - conditioning needs to be topped up, training and fine tuning to do :whistling:

Yeah, sure, thats what I understood as well.