NO helmet- NO ride

Danger Dassie

Well nice to meet the 2 of you

and ya, I will keep my eyes peeled when riding those rodes again

we carried on through petit and boksburg and landed up with a nice 4hr ride...

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep that was me in Std Bank kit on the Look. The guy without the helmet was wearing Barlow World kit. I'm sure he's a nice guy but something about him says here comes trouble LOL

spiky hair?

Seems like he's grown his hair a bit then, but Mr McPhisto confirms it was OB . You guy's talk about him as if he's a celebrity LOL

Seems like he's grown his hair a bit then, but Mr McPhisto confirms it was OB . You guy's talk about him as if he's a celebrity LOL

I think he is more infamous than famous...

Yep that was me in Std Bank kit on the Look. The guy without the helmet was wearing Barlow World kit. I'm sure he's a nice guy but something about him says here comes trouble LOL

spiky hair?

Seems like he's grown his hair a bit then' date=' but Mr McPhisto confirms it was OB . You guy's talk about him as if he's a celebrity LOL
[/quote']

if it's the same guy, then he's an idiot! not a celeb. i saw a dude in barloworld kit scream into the bp station near atlas road in his pimped beemer, pull his bike out and head down north rand road on his bike sans helmet. does ob stand for overboard? 

I'm not sure how they plan to enforce that law. there are probably millions of informal cyclists that dont wear helmets...

Will probably get slaughtered for this but hey we aint talking about some junior or something here are we? No ........

That old 10$ head 10$ helmet comment comes to mind. So should an adult who without a doubt knows the inherent danger of riding without a helmet decide not to, so what? He's probably the same guy driving without a seatbelt/speeding etc. etc. so probably doesn't give a damn about any of these 'trivial matters.

Now I am not for one moment saying don't comment to the oke how stoopid it is but if he continues in that vain let him be ......

And in this case I would say it's valid for anyone not only the 'great' OB!

Now were that same person a junior I would say handle it entirely differently and educate and persuade them.

But ja that's my commenht, use it, don't use it ................ I wouldn't lose any sleep about it though!

We joined a bunch of guys on a road ride going out to Irene and back yesterday and there was a care-free guy in the bunch riding with no helmet' date=' no gloves, no bar tape, on a bike with Campy Bora's and didn't look like he even needed his smaller gears as I certainly didn't see him changing too many gears ! This guy had helluva strong looking legs, but his demeanour said approach with caution, so I didn't see anybody challenge him [he looked like he could ride away from us all, and there were some strong guys in the bunch']. We stopped in Irene for a Coke and clearly he had an attitude when talking to the other cyclists. What a crazy dude ! Anybody know who this guy is ?

Horse Steroids and Brake Fluid will do that to you...

We joined a bunch of guys on a road ride going out to Irene and back yesterday and there was a care-free guy in the bunch riding with no helmet' date=' no gloves, no bar tape, on a bike with Campy Bora's and didn't look like he even needed his smaller gears as I certainly didn't see him changing too many gears ! This guy had helluva strong looking legs, but his demeanour said approach with caution, so I didn't see anybody challenge him [he looked like he could ride away from us all, and there were some strong guys in the bunch']. We stopped in Irene for a Coke and clearly he had an attitude when talking to the other cyclists. What a crazy dude ! Anybody know who this guy is ?

Horse Steroids and Brake Fluid will do that to you...

LOLLOLLOLLOL 

The problem with riding with somebody without a lid is that if you happen to cause an accident that results in the idiot getting seriously hurt cause they weren't wearing a helmet you are the one that is going to have to live with the guilt???

You may have to choose not to ride in that group anymore I guess ..... cause it seems to me that in the case of the now 'infamous' OB it aint gonna change mate!

The problem with riding with somebody without a lid is that if you happen to cause an accident that results in the idiot getting seriously hurt cause they weren't wearing a helmet you are the one that is going to have to live with the guilt???

Been discussed and I was pulled apart when I mentioned that I would ask the person rather not to join the group.

why should you feel guilt? idiot would've got what he deserved!