MTB trails in Ruimsig

jacbor

Hi

As much as I like driving out to cycle parks for a ride, I would love to be able to go out on MTB rides in the afternoons in the Ruimsig area without having to load the car. Would love to hear from residents of the area of places I can ride!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They have welded the passage closed at the top of the stadium now so you cant get through to the trail to lead you down past the dams onto the quarry road which is a pity as you cant do that loop now.

heading out on beyers there are some trails we use to get to avianto and to gilroys

isnt it a tad dangerous past Zandspruit?

isnt it a tad dangerous past Zandspruit?

Goes right through zandspruit and no imo its not unsafe....its too busy for bikejackers, they like empty spaces with minimal traffic like behind the lionpark. Kids cheer us as we ride through there and people are very friendly. Quite an interesting place if your ride through it instead of driving.

heading out on beyers there are some trails we use to get to avianto and to gilroys

thank you

any way I can see how these trails look?

thank you

eish, don't really take pics of the routes...similar to old teak place ito riding. Do you want the routes themselves in GPX?

thank you

Get rouxjties number and the next time we do a local loop join in. it will probably be this weekend.

They have welded the passage closed at the top of the stadium now so you cant get through to the trail to lead you down past the dams onto the quarry road which is a pity as you cant do that loop now.

yes, that is cr@p. Have to get a new route now 2. Will go look this weekend for a new one

Get rouxjties number and the next time we do a local loop join in. it will probably be this weekend.

Yes, keen for a local / avianto loop...but might be building "betty" this weekend....whoop whoop

eish, don't really take pics of the routes...similar to old teak place ito riding. Do you want the routes themselves in GPX?

what distance do you do an a weekend in the area

Anything from 40 - 80km...quite a network of little footpaths and trails. We also include a lap at avianto normally....just to keep it honest you know

PS jcmeyerss showed these trails to us, knows them like the back of his hand.

Edited by rouxtjie

We can do anything from 35 to 80 with a possilble 140km to magailisburg wimpy. Depends on mood, group and how bad Jono and Rouxtjie wanna hurt us

Edited by jcmeyerSS

We can do anything from 35 to 140km. Depends on mood, group and how bad Jono and Rouxtjie wanna hurt us

Fixed

Anything from 40 - 80km...quite a network of little footpaths and trails. We also include a lap at avianto normally....just to keep it honest you know

normally do about 50km around there but then i am done. Will also join oneday when I am stronger. sounds like you okes ar a bit stronger and faster

yes, that is cr@p. Have to get a new route now 2. Will go look this weekend for a new one

you can go around the stadium, up hole in one, turn after jim and jerrys, down the road about 2-3km and then up into the quarry, around the back and the it come out at the police station.