94.7 kiddies rides

The Ouzo

So I've finally convinced my 6 year old nephew that he needs to do the 94.7 kiddies ride.

Having never looked to deeply into it I was always under the impression that there was a 9.47km option. Has this changed ? because the longest ride I see for kiddies is 5.5km now.

This is pretty useless for the little guy, he easily does 10km on the road, even does 10+ off road with us, yet his age only allows him to do a 1.5km race.

The 94.7 kiddies ride is really not worth the effort. However it is cool as they receive a t-shirt, okay that is the only cool thing about it!

You do have to gnash your teeth quite hard for it though. It is really busy, runs very slow and the kids are generally kept in the sun, or under a baking tent out of the sun.

Mine has done two of these, and I am really glad that he is now too old to participate. Much rather take him for any of the fun distances on a proper MTB race. 5-15km.

My kids have done a few and they used to enjoy it. Did not cost much but it was a big day on their calendar.

In the past it was always a very well organized event but last year they apple cart was knocked over badly. It was the worst event I ever attended.

The access to the venue was a bugger up and the track itself was a stuff up with the finishing line being very dangerous actually.

I will first contact them and find out if there is going to be any changes in the organisation compared to last year and if there is not really going to be a change then I would not bother.