Night rides around the Cradle

Trench

Thinking of doing a mid week night ride around the Cradle. Has anyone been doing this, and if so, are there any issues to be aware of ?

Thinking of doing a mid week night ride around the Cradle. Has anyone been doing this, and if so, are there any issues to be aware of ?

Chat to Pam at Valverde Country Hotel.She is a keen mtber and can advise I am sure

I'd be VERY interested to join in for such rides hey. Even afternoon I'd be keen on. Whats traffic like in the cradle at night and afternoon during the week?

I ride there once a week or so (R512 / Harties side). Stay about 10km past Lanseria, and sometimes get home 8 from broadacres side, or sometimes ride out through Broederstroom (over the pass by Nikita) and along the river up the mountain and around the back of the wimpy. home by 10.

Some awesome single track needs decent lighting, but mostly jeep track. If you're that side of the cradle and keen for a ride, I'll let you know the next time I do one.

*edit* it's MTB

Edited by Captain Cheesy

have done this route as well. (in daytime tho)

Do you ride the singletrack next to the R512? and then a left at nikita over the pass?

have done this route as well. (in daytime tho)

Do you ride the singletrack next to the R512? and then a left at nikita over the pass?

Yup, that's the route. I skip the last 1km of single track before Nikita though. riding that during the day is challenging enough!

Yup, that's the route. I skip the last 1km of single track before Nikita though. riding that during the day is challenging enough!

'strue, need LOTS of suspension travel for some of those drop-offs.

Prepare to be cold. Very cold. I've seen the dip near the lion park circle go down to -6°C.

Thanks for all the responses guys.

It is the road ride around the Cradle I am asking about.....anyone done any of those ?

I am considering trying to get at least 10 people together to ride on Wednesday evenings from around 7, to do the +-35 km circular route.....anything to get a mid week ride in.....

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Trench. How is it going with your initiative.

Is there space for one more ?

Thanks for all the responses guys.

It is the road ride around the Cradle I am asking about.....anyone done any of those ?

I am considering trying to get at least 10 people together to ride on Wednesday evenings from around 7, to do the +-35 km circular route.....anything to get a mid week ride in.....

Road is good :thumbup:

Hi Trench. How is it going with your initiative.

Is there space for one more ?

Still working on it....watch this space

Perhaps we should try and get a group of riders together and do some night MTB / road riding around there.

Please let me know when you feel like riding would love to join.