New Drivers Licence - Cape Town - Best place to go?

Caerus

Where is the best place to go and apply for a new drivers licence, my wallet was stolen and I need to replace it.

Somewhere that is efficient and I can get it turned around as quickly as possible.

Plenty Opticians do it here in JHB, must be the same in Cape Town surely.?

I can go to an optician to get a new drivers licence, is that for real? Seems its different in all the towns across SA. :wacko:

Brackenfell Protea Heights. I had the same issue about 2 months ago. in out in about an hour.

I can go to an optician to get a new drivers licence, is that for real? Seems its different in all the towns across SA. :wacko:

Yah, in JHB for sure, I go all the time. Renewed my license a few months back and went to the optician in Fourways crossing, made an appointment over the phone, arrived and left in 15 minutes, collected my card about three weeks later.

No extra cost either, the same as you pay at any municipal office where you wait in line for 5 hours.

I would have imagined Cape Town had similar.

Yah, in JHB for sure, I go all the time. Renewed my license a few months back and went to the optician in Fourways crossing, made an appointment over the phone, arrived and left in 15 minutes, collected my card about three weeks later.

No extra cost either, the same as you pay at any municipal office where you wait in line for 5 hours.

I would have imagined Cape Town had similar.

I'll call my optician now and find out, thanks for the heads up :thumbup:

I'll call my optician now and find out, thanks for the heads up :thumbup:

Cool, otherwise take a drive up to JHB :lol: - we can go for a spin and while you have your license done I'll enjoy a coffee and a chocolate croissant at Fournos Bakery next door. I am up for that.! :lol:

Edited by GrumpyOldGuy

It's confirmed, I can go to the optician to renew, but not to get a new licence as I have to give an affidavit as the other one was stolen, and get a temporary licence as well. I shouldn't even be driving, doh. :ph34r:

Hillstar has the quickest turnaround time. I have to renew my PDP every two years. They have the eye testing machines at Hillstar and your pics are taken by their machines.

Capetonians actually have drivers licences...... Looking at the way they drive I would not have thought so!!!!!!!

Edited by Big H*

It's confirmed, I can go to the optician to renew, but not to get a new licence as I have to give an affidavit as the other one was stolen, and get a temporary licence as well. I shouldn't even be driving, doh. :ph34r:

Go to cop shop where you reported loss. Get a case number and do the affidavit there. Take that with cash to Hillstar and apply for your new one. When I have to renew my PDP I first have to go Hillstar and get a form for medical. Once I bring that back to them application is processed, eyes tested , fingerprints are electrinically done, you pay a deposit at ABSA for you police clearance and then wait 2-3 weeks. I must do this every two years for work. A normal licence expires every 5 years. When I renew licence I have to apply for normal drivers as well and they take old licence.

Capetonians actually have drivers licences...... Looking at the way they drive I would not have thought so!!!!!!!

You don't need a driver's licence up North all you need is a bribe for Metro cop when he pulls you over. Whats the going rate, a Streetwise Two price?

You don't need a driver's licence up North all you need is a bribe for Metro cop when he pulls you over. Whats the going rate, a Streetwise Two price?

You guys know about Kettukkie, I thought you only had Bugger King????

Edited by Big H*