FUNdamental MTB Skills Clinic - Pretoria - Presented by Rubber Side Down

Gavin Pelser

Groenkloof Nature Reserve 14 July 2013

Your bike feels sketchy and dodgy all at the same time, like it has a mind of its own and you simply cannot control it! Your knuckles are white and you’re scared… No danger, we have the cure…

This course is targeted at the beginner rider as well as the seasoned roadie who sucks off road…

We’re gonna get you well acquainted with your bike and teach you the fundamentals of balance and control… Basic bicycle Kung-Fu if you like…

What will you learn?

We will start off with ensuring your setup is correct

Correct body position and posture, seated and standing… Consider this the wax on wax off phase of your training…

Cleating in and out.

Braking, can’t rock it if you can’t stop it…

Front wheel manual – You will master pavements after this…

Back wheel awareness, you can save plenty money knowing this skill…

Bunny hop, the naffest sounding but most awesome weapon in your skills arsenal, it also looks pretty cool…

Pedal stroke – How to save energy, maximize power and keep traction…

Gear selection and correct shifting techniques. Being in the right gear at the right time is crucial to keeping the rubber side down, and if done correctly will prolong the life of your drive train…

Cornering – Seated and standing. Correct cornering techniques will see you flow on tight twisty single track and carry more speed through corners. The less you decelerate and then have to accelerate again, the more energy you save…

Control and confidence…

Cost Per Person R400

Register on our website and book today http://www.rubbersid...-skills-clinic/

Edited by Gavin Pelser

this sounds great, don't you have any in the south of jnb though :unsure:

Nothing scheduled... It's not a far trip... Check out our calendar for other dates and venues... If you have a group of a minimum of 6 people we can host a clinic wherever you like...

Hey Gav

Dude!!! When we going to finish digging at the Delta mon?

So that I can get a nice route for my skills courses too :P

Good luck with yours. ;)

Sean

Hey Gav

Dude!!! When we going to finish digging at the Delta mon?

So that I can get a nice route for my skills courses too :P

Good luck with yours. ;)

Sean

Hey Sean...We need to get a volunteer day going soonest... Rode it on Sunday and there's a massive braking rut on the top corner of the switchback that needs repairing... See you soon?

Hey Sean...We need to get a volunteer day going soonest... Rode it on Sunday and there's a massive braking rut on the top corner of the switchback that needs repairing... See you soon?

Yep saw that. It's even on the wrong line... I try to get my students to go down there without locking up.

And then the constant flipping grass cuttings on the trail has resulted in a couple of lie downs. Haha

• 2 weeks later...

Any hubbers done one of these courses and feedback? specifically the intermediate course?

Started today. Best feedback is that I have now booked 10 lessons in advance. First time in a while I had FUN - not trying to beat a time etc. I am even more shyte than a thought at really basic stuff such as braking and turning. Really cool dude with no pressure. I am in for the long run...

Edited by TALUS

My wife did a intro course with Gav.

Firstly, it changed her from a real noob into a capable MTBer (loves single track!).

Secondly, I learned stuff that improved my riding no end.

Lastly, Gav is a really cool guy, and we gained a biking mate.

The txt in white on the black was a bad idea, can't read it!

Select his text - it will change to white background