help! shifter troubles

rock

If they are 10speed the right shifter will have dynasys printed on it.

Or the dynasys D logo. 9 speed has that mega 9 logo on it

Hi Rock

I am no bike mechanic, but have you changed your cables and cable housing as well? I did that once and made the housing at the bottom of the seatpost too short and ended up getting one click short as well. It was fine after I swapped the housing for a longer one. Like I said I am no expert and aren't even sure whether that was really the problem but it worked for me for some reason. I hope some experts can help you with your problem.

Have you screwed the cable adjuster all the way in on the shifter body?

If it says Dynasys then it must be!

I'd disconnect the cable from the Rd and start again, check the amount of clicks with the cable loose at the rd.

You can make the cable to short or something to that effect and you basically lose the last click, even though it is there.

fixed, so embarrassed. thanks for the input guys......

Cool stuff!

So what was the issue?

You say your embarrassed and it was something simple but that don't explain what the issue was or help the rest of us to not make the same mistake?

after removing the gear indicator display I screwed back in one of its screws to fill the exposed hole, seeing that it wasn't holding the indicator any more it screwed in too deep and interfered with the mechanisms.......

Lol ok then, but surely you fitted the blank plate to the bottom of the shifter? That creates the correct space so the screws don't interfere?

yes but there's still two screw holes exposed, trick is to leave them exposed ;)