Behan

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My mate built this. Yes it's for sale

post-18968-0-16622300-1387079163_thumb.jpg

It will be nice to see it done. Not everybody likes a Gas Monkey Garage type rusted rat rod.

Guest Omega Man

It will be nice to see it done. Not everybody likes a Gas Monkey Garage type rusted rat rod.

That is done.

The brakes, wheels, steering and suspension are all modern parts. The motor is a 400 bhp GM crate motor. He'll paint it but only if the buyer wants that.

Building cars like that in SA isn't anything like the TV shows you see with Chip Foose building a rod in 7 days. His next project is a 69 Camaro that he plans to sell for 500k.

Edited by Omega Man

http://www.seriouswheels.com/pics-2014/bc/2014-BMW-M4-Coupe-Static-3-1280x800.jpg Edited by gummibear

That is done.

The brakes, wheels, steering and suspension are all modern parts. The motor is a 400 bhp GM crate motor. He'll paint it but only if the buyer wants that.

Building cars like that in SA isn't anything like the TV shows you see with Chip Foose building a rod in 7 days. His next project is a 69 Camaro that he plans to sell for 500k.

I was afraid you'd say that. I am aware, being a classic car owner myself, of the trend in making rust look and run fast. Some say that you can't make sh#t shine, even if it has a 50k crate motor in it. I would have spent the money on the body and bought a locally restored motor myself, especially if it's being buit to re sell. Looking at the double headlights, I would guess it's a 58. There are a lot of locals doing quality restorations, so yes, Foose the Legend just waves a magic wand and the parts from sponsors miraculously arrive. Just not my cup of tea, but maybe I am old fashioned..

Guest Omega Man

I was afraid you'd say that. I am aware, being a classic car owner myself, of the trend in making rust look and run fast. Some say that you can't make sh#t shine, even if it has a 50k crate motor in it. I would have spent the money on the body and bought a locally restored motor myself, especially if it's being buit to re sell. Looking at the double headlights, I would guess it's a 58. There are a lot of locals doing quality restorations, so yes, Foose the Legend just waves a magic wand and the parts from sponsors miraculously arrive. Just not my cup of tea, but maybe I am old fashioned..

Yeah I think you are right it's a 58. The rust is just surface rust. No cancer so a spray isn't out of the question. I would be at the buyers expense tho.

Personally I'm with you on the rat rod thing. Certainly from a building and selling point of view. But who am I to judge? I can hardly build a bike let alone a car. I think that thing with a high gloss body in black and a white roof would just be the mutts nuts.

My mate that built it has his own idea's on what he likes to build. He likes to build race inspired stuff. He built a T Bucket with a small block chevy motor. (Sacrilege I know) The wild thing is he built fully custom pushrod suspension for it.

He also built a 1940 Chev Coupe but set it up to be a track day hot rod. You should have seen this thing. The interior looked like a NASCAR complete with a removable steering wheel and window net. WILD! Like I said. he has his own ideas and for him cherry red & chrome isn't where it's at.

• 4 weeks later...
http://www.seriouswheels.com/pics-2014/nopq/2014-OK-Chiptuning-Porsche-GT2-Clubsport-Static-4-1440x900.jpg

http://www.seriouswheels.com/pics-2014/nopq/2014-OK-Chiptuning-Porsche-GT2-Clubsport-Static-7-1440x900.jpg

http://www.seriouswheels.com/pics-2014/nopq/2014-OK-Chiptuning-Porsche-GT2-Clubsport-Static-8-2560x1600.jpg