Polar RS800CX Bike sadness

Swart Kat

On a Garmin if the battery dies(after a couple of years) you battle to find aftermarket replacements.

I've got this great watch, when its working right. Polar propably have the best service of any company I know, but I'm now just tired of struggling with the watch! The main problem are the HR. it jumps up and down and I had the watch checked numeral times now and they replaced the strap now 4 times in 2 months and I'm riding without the watch more than with it!

Now I'm in the market for a Garmin. I know their srvice are not on the same level as Polar, but I'm just tired. This Garmin 810 looks like a good option!

Then you are the luckiest bugger out there as I have only had "less than desirable" service from them. I still have my RS800CX but yeah, have only heard good things about Garmin....

Never had anything but schlep from Polar, so I, after four units decided to move to Garmin. Units are not very old so i can't decide of preference just yet, but at least the distributors are 10 mins down the road from me and from what I've read, they're always willing to help.

I still keep the RCX5 though 'cos it makes a good watch.

Edited by Jigghead

I have owned 4 Polars and 2 Garmins. I find the Garmin's much simpler and more intuitive to use. I do have some issues with uploading data from my Garmin to my PC though. But I had constant hassles with Polars not picking up my heart rate.

I don't know what you are all on about. I have had a RS800CX for 4 years and never had an issue with it. I change the battery myself with a 5c coin. I once broke the strap and was lucky that Polar were in town for Two Oceans. Swapped it out and all was good. I had to replace the heart rate strap once as well. I use it for both my bikes and running. Never had an issue.

I despise the fact that Garmin and Suunto need to be charged. Those charging stations at stage races are mental. Having to add another unit to charge would drive me mad.