the best place for having fitted my bike in CT?

DJpak

Ergofit is the basic setup where your measurements are taken and you are supplied with settings for your bike to have yourself or LBS apply to your bike. Ergomax is Ergofit and the technician sets your bike up and rechecks everything with you on bike. Ergofit is approximately R350-400, Ergomax R550-600 ( don't quote me on those prices). +1 for Renay if you cannot get an appointment with the Doc. There should be a thread in Tech QnA on topic.

Only problem is getting an appointment by Dr Swart, that man is always fully booked,his cancelation list is even longer plus you have to book him like 2months in advance.

Ergofit is the basic setup where your measurements are taken and you are supplied with settings for your bike to have yourself or LBS apply to your bike.

I dont think we should quote you on anything! Ergofit includes the setup of the bike. Handing someone a piece of paper to go and fiddle with their own bikes when they clearly have no idea what setback, drop or rise means ... its not part of the deal. Some angles and measures needs to be fine tuned when the person is sitting on the bike.

The numbers that the system spits out, needs to be checked and fine tuned ... and a computer cant beat experience.

Or see the person in the position on the bike.

Ergomax is Ergofit and the technician sets your bike up and rechecks everything with you on bike. Ergofit is approximately R350-400, Ergomax R550-600 ( don't quote me on those prices). +1 for Renay if you cannot get an appointment with the Doc. There should be a thread in Tech QnA on topic.

I completed the Ergofit setup training with Dr Swart and Line Griffiths (Biokineticist).

Typical pricing is more in the line of R550 for Ergofit and R850 for Ergomax

Maybe my timing was a little out I went to Dr Swart in oct 2009 and he was fully booked until dec suppose most guys wanted there setup completed before "die burger" I was told to come back in the in the new year which I did but he was fully booked until after the argus...lol

I did managed to get a cancelation slot only becasue I worked @ Great Westerford so i could pop in on a daily basis and I stayed a stone throw away,but others are not willing to wait months to be seen to.

I suggest your LBS can do a temp fit and you can fine tune your settings as you go on,but schedule an appointment with Dr Swart in the meantime, its well worth it my frame size was slightly too big and my shoes was incorrect he even took time out to researched a couple of brands geometry charts and recomended which frame and shoes I should get within my specified budget.

ErgoFit by Jeroen Swart or by any qualified ErgoFit instructor

Yep so I booked. But The Dr. Seems to be busy hahaha thanks~ I believe Renay. He will do a good job for me. I hope hahah

I dont think we should quote you on anything! Ergofit includes the setup of the bike. Handing someone a piece of paper to go and fiddle with their own bikes when they clearly have no idea what setback, drop or rise means ... its not part of the deal. Some angles and measures needs to be fine tuned when the person is sitting on the bike.

The numbers that the system spits out, needs to be checked and fine tuned ... and a computer cant beat experience.

Or see the person in the position on the bike.

I completed the Ergofit setup training with Dr Swart and Line Griffiths (Biokineticist).

Typical pricing is more in the line of R550 for Ergofit and R850 for Ergomax

I was merely quoting from the manual I recieved explaining the differences between setups. Thanks for the correction.

I paid R900 or so for an ErgoFit with Dr Jeroen Swart about 2 months ago. The chnages to my riding is unreal.

No more understeer, better breathing, no ligament pain - you just have to get used to the 'new' set-up. It was worth every cent.

Plus since Jeroen rode the Epic on a GT Sensor, he was very familiar with my bike and it's geometry etc

Edited by Sentinel