Tokai break in at the car park

edkin

I ride there about 6 times a week alone and unarmed. I do park at the shops if the new gas powered paintball baboon guard folk aren't around because the baboons keep pooing on my car and ripping off my windscreen wipers and spot lights!

It is sad that break ins happen but in a private secluded car park with no one around I am afraid that in Africa, law of averages says it is bound to happen.

Its the same as the muggings on runners/hikers in the mountains. I run alone all over the mountain at least 4 times a week and have done for years and never been mugged. I almost feel like I smell or something!

Just really is a pity.

Sorry dude

I always ride solo, any advice on which times in the morning and evening are busiest and best to cycle during the week in Tokai? Also which route would be recommended.

Similar thing happened at Hoogenkraal trail last week Thursday ... got back to my car just before sunset, to find it had been broken into (also through side window). When I reported the incident at the Durbanville police station, I was told this was the second break-in being reported for the same parking area that day!!! I spoke to a friend, who had left the parking about 15 minutes before I got back down to my car. He mentioned that there had been a lot of activity, with riders packing up, etc. so these guys have to be watching the place, to pull off the deed without being noticed.

That just sucks. Did your car have an alarm activated? Was there anything visible that they were after?

Hi buddy

I believed we not only have to be concerned about thieves at tokai but tazer armed thieves as well.;-)

Give Bernie my regards

Nad

Hi Canadonis. Somebody has been sharing some inside info. :) I'll have aword with that man