Handle Bar for Enduro Build

G-Unit

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Shorter stem and wider bars will help with that :)

Fair point. The thing is though, that when riding the bike this weekend, I can't particularly say that the bigger tyre grips any better - should it? Logically, one should be able to run a lower pressure, but still the 2.35 wasn't wonderful.

WOW! Looks amazing. You are allowed to have 1 black rim 1 white rim.

The rules around this are as such.

1. You aren't allowed to have mixed tire brands on the same bike - Check

2. You aren't allowed to have mixed brake brands on the same bike.- :( are trials bikes as exception?

3. Having brake rotors from a different company to your brakes is frowned upon but not illegal - also guilty here

Deity CZ38 in black-on-black

http://dialdbikes.co.za/images/detailed/1/Zink_Signature_Bars.jpg

That black-on-black IS hot!

Guest Omega Man

I got Deity Black Label. The predecessor to those. Pretty nice bars and seeing as you are doing the black on black on black thing.......

Its a great bar. 750mm wide, nice rise and a great up/back sweep.

Just a bit silly at R885,00 from Diald

Guest Omega Man

2. No Exceptions

3. Same. I've got Shimano Ice Tech rotors on Hope M4. But it looks t1t.

I'm in Johanneshole on Wed and Thursday. We should have a multibeers.

Guest Omega Man

Just a bit silly at R885,00 from Diald

Bru the oke has a tallboy and a Nomad. Money aint no problem.

Bru the oke has a tallboy and a Nomad. Money aint no problem.

Good point. One does not simply build anything Santa Cruz and quarrel about cost :D

I know this is soooo the wrong thread to ask this, but on a 29'er (Stumpy) running a 75mm stem, what bar rise would you recommend?

Guys at my LBS reckon that a riser bar is not necessary on a 29'er. I think the current bar specs is 720mm, 10mm rise and 10 degree sweep.

I know this is soooo the wrong thread to ask this, but on a 29'er (Stumpy) running a 75mm stem, what bar rise would you recommend?

Guys at my LBS reckon that a riser bar is not necessary on a 29'er. I think the current bar specs is 720mm, 10mm rise and 10 degree sweep.

Rise is a personal thing. Ask any lady!

Guest Omega Man

Hey i'm still in the room. :-)

Exactly. I have a tallboy and a nomad - money is a problem. I spent it all on the frames.

Hahaha. So inviting you on our little France sojourn next year with that Nomad would be a good or bad idea?

Hahaha. So inviting you on our little France sojourn next year with that Nomad would be a good or bad idea?

Your thread was one of the reasons for getting a longer travel bike.

My brother-in-law and I are already discussing it. Just haven't said anything yet as people who say yes immediately but then don't pull through are dime a dozen.

But ja, a European summer is definitely on the horizon.

I'm running 720mm, 12.5mm rise, 4 degrees up, 8 degrees back (Answer Protaper) on my Stumpy. I'm quite happy with the rise, but want to go a bit wider still (750mm). Are the guys at your LBS dirt-roadies by any chance?

Guest Omega Man

Your thread was one of the reasons for getting a longer travel bike.

My brother-in-law and I are already discussing it. Just haven't said anything yet as people who say yes immediately but then don't pull through are dime a dozen.

But ja, a European summer is definitely on the horizon.

DOOOO IIIIIITTTT!!

That bike will eat the Alps. My mate Nic has one and he's seriously considering taking his Nomad rather than his DH bike.

Edit. Ok it won't eat the Alps. But you'll still have a jol.

Edited by Omega Man