D2D

Speedster Scott

What is a gauge to compare the times for this race against other races?

Any ideas....

D2D times should be a few minutes quicker than 94.7 due to 200m less elevation, and 1-2km shorter distance. But again, that's in ideal conditions...a little wind could through that theory off :wacko:

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so I checked last last years results for the DL batch. 21 of the 100 cyclists made it in sub 3. They are widely spread from a 2:49 up to 2:59 with only a few riders that finished together. Either the last climb split the bunch or the bunch fell appart long before that.

Ok so I checked last last years results for the DL batch. 21 of the 100 cyclists made it in sub 3. They are widely spread from a 2:49 up to 2:59 with only a few riders that finished together. Either the last climb split the bunch or the bunch fell appart long before that.

Lionpark Loop buddy... multiple bunch splits , nothing to do with the last climb

Lionpark Loop buddy... multiple bunch splits , nothing to do with the last climb

that is my thinking as well. I better start adding some cement to my morning coffee so that I can hang on!

whats the secret about the lion park loop ??

whats the secret about the lion park loop ??

painful rolling hills, hold on for dear life , its where I popped last year... then limp to the finish

Same back loop as Berge en Dale if i'm right

So as first timer, I'm stuck in GL. Anyone want to go for it from there? Or am I tt'ing the whole thing?

I still dont have a no ... will see tomorrow... I wanna chase a 3hour , so if i'm there we can work together

I still dont have a no ... will see tomorrow... I wanna chase a 3hour , so if i'm there we can work together

Down with that grant... Departure time is 7:30 so yeah, right at the back... And we probably climb similarly so let me know! Can tt if I have to, have on those roads before... But just don't want to! Haha

Down with that grant... Departure time is 7:30 so yeah, right at the back... And we probably climb similarly so let me know! Can tt if I have to, have on those roads before... But just don't want to! Haha

I rode it Last week and this week.. if we ride smart the first half then we can have a good workout through the cradle to the finish

I rode it Last week and this week.. if we ride smart the first half then we can have a good workout through the cradle to the finish

Yeah first half is the easy bit... Nice drafting and work, then save it for the climbs. The lion loop will kill past Glen burn lodge and then up to caves and finish... Otherwise should be ok man! WhatsApp me when you have your start group and we'll organise from there!

Yeah first half is the easy bit... Nice drafting and work, then save it for the climbs. The lion loop will kill past Glen burn lodge and then up to caves and finish... Otherwise should be ok man! WhatsApp me when you have your start group and we'll organise from there!

sounds good, or be brave and hit a breakaway... recover at the next bunch ... then finish top ten in the group(lol). Do you ride with a power meter, then we can see that we dont bonk!

No, only HRM. I'll be fine, just keep sucking down the GUs! I'm still young so my recovery is quick quick... Just the weight on hills that kills me...

No, only HRM. I'll be fine, just keep sucking down the GUs! I'm still young so my recovery is quick quick... Just the weight on hills that kills me...

I weigh 95, so dont go there , hills are my enemy