Rockman Entry give away competition

Face Plant

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nevern, Never Never try new nutrition or new equipment on race day. No matter how cool the stuff at the expo looks dont try it out for the first time during the race

For ultra distances: stay out of the direct sun in the days leading up to the race. Start drinking extra water on wednesday (for a sunday race).

Don't eat your last big meal on eve of the race too late. (done by 4pm), which gives your digestive system more time to work and often makes for a better swim

After much deliberation we are proud to announce that the first winner of the 32GI hamper is Garfield2010 with the following tip

"Make the swim bearable for every athlete. At the start, please stand as you would expect to exit the water. In other words fast swimmers in the front and slow pokes at the back.

In a perfect world there should not be one collision (yeah right)

If it is your first triathlon and you are unsure. Stand 50 metres to the side and swim wide. Yes you might swim an additional 500m overall but see that as Triathlon initiation"

Garfield, we will be in touch shortly to make arrangments for the delivery of your prize.

Please note all tips will be included in the grand prize draw.

Watch this space.

Rockman Team

After much deliberation we are proud to announce that the first winner of the 32GI hamper is Garfield2010 with the following tip

"Make the swim bearable for every athlete. At the start, please stand as you would expect to exit the water. In other words fast swimmers in the front and slow pokes at the back.

In a perfect world there should not be one collision (yeah right)

If it is your first triathlon and you are unsure. Stand 50 metres to the side and swim wide. Yes you might swim an additional 500m overall but see that as Triathlon initiation"

Garfield, we will be in touch shortly to make arrangments for the delivery of your prize.

Please note all tips will be included in the grand prize draw.

Watch this space.

Rockman Team

Thank you very much! :clap: :clap: :clap: You really made my day.

yes you could, if your tip/hint is voted as the best you could win again and of course ALL tips/hints get taken into consideration for the main prize too

Study the course and race rules. Especially for the off-road triathlons. Not only will you ensure you don't get penalised but you will have more confidence (less nerves) on the day knowing what to expect and how to handle yourself.

Transition trick: 1st put on your sunglasses, then your helmet. That way the straps of the helmet go over the glasses and they won't get ripped off your face when you take off the helmet in T2.

(In my opinion, sunglasses is a must)

Triathlon wetsuit:-

Use a plastic bag (Checkers, Woolies, Pick 'n Pay) over your hands and/or feet when pulling on your swim wetsuit, helps slide onto arms and legs much easier...

Peter Pan...