Rockman Entry give away competition

Face Plant

So guys, with all the hype around this event we thought that it would be a nice gesture to offer someone the opportunity of winning a free entry into the Ultra distance event.

So how its going to work?

This competition will be run for a month from today, every week we will be giving away one 32GI product hamper to the person that posts the best Triathlon related tip/Advise. at the end of the competition we will give away a free entry to the person that we think has posted the best tip/advise during the course of the competition. The tips/advise can be related to Swim, bike or run

for more information about the race please visit our website: www.rockmanxtri.co.za and follow us on twitter @rockmanxtri

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@ Spartan

tips to be posted in the thread, you can post as many as you want, the more you post the more chance you have of winning

my tip, don't do it, triathletes are maniacs :eek: . nice comp though. if only i punished my body that way i would enter :whistling:

Tip of the day....

Make the swim bearable for every athlete. At the start, please stand as you would expect to exit the water. In other words fast swimmers in the front and slow pokes at the back.

In a perfect world there should not be one collision (yeah right)

If it is your first triathlon and you are unsure. Stand 50 metres to the side and swim wide. Yes you might swim an additional 500m overall but see that as Triathlon initiation. :ph34r:

Pour lots of talcum powder on your shoes and socks, it makes it easier to get on when you feet are wet from the swim.

For those that don't know, talcum powder is also known as baby powder. I had to google it the first time :blush:

Swim tip: Find big markers like specific trees, koppies, etc, in line with the buoy's in the direction you are swimming. They will be easier to spot with a quick glance and save you lots of time and energy. Spot your markers before you start the swim.

Bike Tip: Carry all the essential tools and a couple of cable ties. The couple of grams you'll save on weight is not worth the risk being stranded on a tough MTB course. Don't be that guy...

This thread will reach 20 pages before the weekend. I will be printing this and skip the next four Triathlon + editions!

All time most important tip: SUNSCREEN! Especially for newbies, take the time to put on sunscreen properly before the bike and run. Ask any triathlete : The pain and damage you will suffer without sunscreen is not worth the 2 minutes you will save. Especially on a long day like the RockMan!

Why spend thousands on bikes, aero helmets, hours of training only to lose 5-10mins taking pee breaks ... learn to pee on the bike and be comfortable with urine running down your leg.

When do I get my prize?

Chafe cream is your friend:

On the bike, use a water based version and put it in the heel of shoe, it help you lip in for a quick transition, dont put too much in or you heal silides around. Water running off you from the swim will dilute it off.

On your chamois, although extremely tough to do and not always neccessary, a non-water based version hangs around long enough to be useful on the bike.

You can also do it with your running shoes, spread it out on the tongue of the shoe, or if you battle blisters at any particular point.

Make sure you wash them afterwards.