2nd hand buying help - Enduro / All mountain

Brawler

So I went to have a look. What a beaut. Only problem is that its a medium.. Was pouring with rain so couldnt have a test ride but will go back tomorrow.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Omega Man

So I went to have a look. What a beaut. Only problem is that its a medium.. Was pouring with rain so couldnt have a test ride but will go back tomorrow.

Ah. It's my mate Marc's bike. DAMN good price.

Yeah size is my only concern otherwise I would have bought it this morning.

I am around 1.88 (I think) so definitely in the large category although a smaller bike suits my riding style. Apparently spaz sizes are larger than normal as well?

Guest Omega Man

I am around 1.88 (I think) so definitely in the large category although a smaller bike suits my riding style. Apparently spaz sizes are larger than normal as well?

Ja I can't comment on the size. Maybe fit a longer stem?

yeah Im going to do a proper fitting and test tide. If its a slightly small I am happy but if I feel its going to make my back sore after 20KM then I'll have to leave it.

1.88 you are definitely a large. Longer stem will only spoil handling

Guest Omega Man

Specs, links, price?

Selling my 2012 Stumpjumper comp 26" R13,000 and is basically stock standard as in the attached link with the exception of:

- Hans dampf SG tyres (yes I know. Don't ask why)

- 740 boobars

- ODI ruffian grips

- Giant contact switch dropper post

Only had it for 5months (it's not damaged and it's not a crap bike, just wanting to move onto 650b)

Second hand salesman bull**** aside I have literally only ridden it for about 2 months as the whole of June I spent ridding DH in order to prepare for a trip to Morzine. I haven't ridden it since I got back on the 17th of July...

Awesome bike. Read the reviews. Speak to me about. Check it out @ Olympic cycles anytime and test ride it if you like.

Price not negotiable. Don't be a cheapskate asking me to lower the price. It's a R26K bike new without any of the awesome stuff I put on it.

From Marc.

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/Specialized-Sumpjumper-FSR-Comp--XC-Oriented-Predictable-and-Spe.html

Edited by Omega Man

Selling my 2012 Stumpjumper comp 26" R13,000 and is basically stock standard as in the attached link with the exception of:

- Hans dampf SG tyres (yes I know. Don't ask why)

- 740 boobars

- ODI ruffian grips

- Giant contact switch dropper post

Only had it for 5months (it's not damaged and it's not a crap bike, just wanting to move onto 650b)

Second hand salesman bull**** aside I have literally only ridden it for about 2 months as the whole of June I spent ridding DH in order to prepare for a trip to Morzine. I haven't ridden it since I got back on the 17th of July...

Awesome bike. Read the reviews. Speak to me about. Check it out @ Olympic cycles anytime and test ride it if you like.

Price not negotiable. Don't be a cheapskate asking me to lower the price. It's a R26K bike new without any of the awesome stuff I put on it.

From Marc.

http://www.pinkbike....le-and-Spe.html

Shot...

Guest Omega Man

Shot...

That is a pretty incredible deal. He honestly rode it less than 20 times.

I am trying to find a tape measure at work hoping that I am wrong.. lol. It's a really nice bike. Might just buy it anyway and can always sell it again in a month if after a few rides I feel it is too small.

That is a pretty incredible deal. He honestly rode it less than 20 times.

yeah. Mega good deal. And Marc hasn't been riding it - he broke his hand (was it his hand, OM?) and was training on the DH bike for Morzine for a solid month. May even have been 2 months, before he crashed - which was 3 weeks or so before Morzine. So it is literally an as new bike.

Guest Omega Man

yeah. Mega good deal. And Marc hasn't been riding it - he broke his hand (was it his hand, OM?) and was training on the DH bike for Morzine for a solid month. May even have been 2 months, before he crashed - which was 3 weeks or so before Morzine. So it is literally an as new bike.

Wrist

Do you reckon if I buy it I will be able to resell it for not too much less in a months time if I find it is too small?