Berg and Bush 2013

Ratty

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah dude ... you cant get bummed with people at races ... as we are all there for the same thing ... to have FUN riding our bikes! ....... I have told so many people time and time again that no matter where you actually are in the pack you must just be nice and friendly to people and ask nicely if they will let you past etc and do the same in return if asked .... Everyone would really enjoy their ride more ...

Getting pissed off only ruins the ride for you .. no one else cus okes dont care ...

But sometime I think the guys in Midpack and Back Pack take things FAR too seriously .. (2 of the riders in my group fall into this bracket and have been "disciplined" on a couple of occasions for chirping on the trail) ...

Everyone started somewhere and this needs to be taken into account. But if you have to stop for a drink of water and then someone passes you ... is it SUCH a huge issue as all you need to do is ask nicely when (this should read IF) you catch them if you can pass when they get a chance and you will be on your way again ...

But NO ... everyone is a racing snake and is going to podium so cant let anyone else past them ... be it uphill or downhill! hahahaha - oh well what can u do??? .... just do a wheelie and a skid i suppose! :thumbup:

I only lost my cool once.. and that was at that bloody long climb on day 1 :whistling:

And I got annoyed once, when I moved out the way for 2 guys and they didn't say thank you.. :eek:

Everyone else said thank you.. but naaah those 2 were going to win the whole thing riding in batch C :whistling:

But like I told hubby, everyone pays the exact same amount of money to ride on the trials, so people must understand that they have a right on the trials too.

If you want to be that serious maybe go ride the descent and not the 2day.

And say thank you to the lady on the Ghost bike suffering up the climbs when she moves out the way so you can get to the top 30sec before her :whistling:

Yeah dude ... you cant get bummed with people at races ... as we are all there for the same thing ... to have FUN riding our bikes! ....... I have told so many people time and time again that no matter where you actually are in the pack you must just be nice and friendly to people and ask nicely if they will let you past etc and do the same in return if asked .... Everyone would really enjoy their ride more ...

Getting pissed off only ruins the ride for you .. no one else cus okes dont care ...

But sometime I think the guys in Midpack and Back Pack take things FAR too seriously .. (2 of the riders in my group fall into this bracket and have been "disciplined" on a couple of occasions for chirping on the trail) ...

Everyone started somewhere and this needs to be taken into account. But if you have to stop for a drink of water and then someone passes you ... is it SUCH a huge issue as all you need to do is ask nicely when (this should read IF) you catch them if you can pass when they get a chance and you will be on your way again ...

But NO ... everyone is a racing snake and is going to podium so cant let anyone else past them ... be it uphill or downhill! hahahaha - oh well what can u do??? .... just do a wheelie and a skid i suppose! :thumbup:

Preach it brotherman, preach it....I mean what the hell are you racing for 653rd position??????? I mean really. And totally agree with mid pack poephols...the real race snakes are super guys, they overtake you letting you know they are coming and if its too narrow, they normally just say..."when you can...its fine". Its their bread and butter and still remain super chilled.

Its these legends in their own lunchtime puffadders that think they are steve peat that irritates me, getting all the moer in because they are now 653rd vs 652nd shouting. Their mating call...."traaaaack" can be heard from the bottom of longdrop pass as they are now entitled to an open line....but at the first sign of a hill they start sucking gels. They also seem to look down on guys starting out always commenting on their "lack of skills"...

Nah rather give the okes at the back of the pack, they are way more fun to ride with. If everyone can just move off the track when they are not riding it will improve congestion by a huge amount I reckon. Funny thing though, its normally the same okes shouting "traaaaack" that dismount on the trail itself

Edited by rouxtjie

i loved the race it was my first stage race. strarted in G and ended top of F so i am chuffed.

i had no issues with riders walking in the track thank goodness. we only had a slower ladies team in front of us on adderrs pass, but i think that if we had gone any faster i might have seen my ass.

thank you to all the riders for their possitive attitudes over the weekend. i did not walk past or hear any sour POOOSSSes.

it was an awsome ride, maybe next year i will sumit the top.

I see they have uploaded some pics now, not sure if they are done, cause every time I go look there are more.

• 2 weeks later...

What did you guys think of the highlight package last night on SS8?

I thought it was quite good. Something different from the traditional TV race report. I loved the input from Gary and Sollie and to see how B&B operates as a family enterprise. This one will go on my "to do again" list, especially after we missed part of day 2 and the dam crossing due to the high winds.

I thought it was quite good. Something different from the traditional TV race report. I loved the input from Gary and Sollie and to see how B&B operates as a family enterprise. This one will go on my "to do again" list, especially after we missed part of day 2 and the dam crossing due to the high winds.

For me it felt too much like an advert. They don't show any of the true character of the race. People helping each other out, people swimming in rivers / dams etc to keep cool. The race is not just about the pro's. I know they had footage as they showed some of it in the evenings.

That said, just seeing some of the singletrack again makes me even more keen to do it again next year.

Awesome....really great production...loved that they didn't focus on the pro's so much but more on the trails and the history. Good job! :thumbup:

I thought it was awesome! Sollie really made me laugh with some of his comments

If you get to know him, he is one of the nicest and funniest ouks.

If you get to know him, he is one of the nicest and funniest ouks.

He was grumpy at W2W, looked like he fell off his bike :whistling:

I also enjoyed the show last night..

Such a damn pity the event only comes round once a year.

He was grumpy at W2W, looked like he fell off his bike :whistling:

He can be a bit grumpy at times! Mate off mine talked to him on Tuesday regarding W2W. Did not like the trails to much, not sure why. Perhaps just not as good as Great Wall My China, Sollie's Folly, mineshaft, kirstenbosch etc etc. :whistling: