OFM Classic 3 November Bloemfontein

Cheese

When last did you ride it Garf? Hills still at the beginning or did you ride in the last 2 years? Must say hitting them towards the end makes a bit of a difference.

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Been riding it the last 2 years. Yes it makes a big difference. Lucas Steyn out also makes a big difference. Means you can give it all at Albrecht!!

Have to get in under 3 hours.

Very true!

I'm not that strong yet, did a 3.18 last year from D batch but was at the back of the pen and couldn't catch the front guys(not making excuses) so TT'd quite a bit and hooked up with some of the remaining D guys and some C's.

Hope you het your 3 hours!

Been riding it the last 2 years. Yes it makes a big difference. Lucas Steyn out also makes a big difference. Means you can give it all at Albrecht!!

Have to get in under 3 hours.

Hi Garfield and hboli4...sorry to burst in here...how far is Albrecht into the race?

I normally ride a little bit concervative the first 60 to 70 kilo's of any race and then re-evaluate how I feel and take it from there to the end...or should we give it "bullets" from the start??

Should we be more "careful" of the hills from +/- 65 kilometers towards the end...are they "rolling hills" or more towards "rolling STEEP hells"?

This is my first OFM and thanx for your kind feedback :thumbup:

Hi Garfield and hboli4...sorry to burst in here...how far is Albrecht into the race?

I normally ride a little bit concervative the first 60 to 70 kilo's of any race and then re-evaluate how I feel and take it from there to the end...or should we give it "bullets" from the start??

Should we be more "careful" of the hills from +/- 65 kilometers towards the end...are they "rolling hills" or more towards "rolling STEEP hells"?

This is my first OFM and thanx for your kind feedback :thumbup:

The main thing about the OFM is to go hard in the beginning to get into a large group before the N1. The race is flat and there is only a couple of bumps to get over so focusing to stay in a group would be my first priority Edited by Wil6

The main thing about the OFM is to go hard in the beginning to get into a large group before the N1. The race is flat and there is only a couple of bumps to get over so focusing to stay in a group would be my first priority

Dankie Willie...gaan jy hom ry hierdie jaar??

It makes sense thanx...will have to pick up those legs and stay in a big bunch for the first 16km's until we hit the N1 :eek: :whistling: and then take it from there...

I guess we will get our groups / seedings only in next week sometime?

The main thing about the OFM is to go hard in the beginning to get into a large group before the N1. The race is flat and there is only a couple of bumps to get over so focusing to stay in a group would be my first priority

Very true, it is important to get into a strong group and stay there until you hit the N1 (after about 15km).

From here it is a relative free ride until you come back into town which is at about 60-65km. There are a couple of 'rollers' on the N1 and the wind can play havoc as well. Albrecht gets steep but is short.

When you hit the N1 again there is a drag from about 92km which is about 5km long. It is usually quite hot when you get here and people who managed to hang on till here might still be dropped...

Dankie Willie...gaan jy hom ry hierdie jaar??i

It makes sense thanx...will have to pick up those legs and stay in a big bunch for the first 16km's until we hit the N1 :eek: :whistling: and then take it from there...

I guess we will get our groups / seedings only in next week sometime?

Nee eks op krukke tot Desember. My ligamente erg seer gemaak verlede week :thumbdown:

Sal julle support :thumbup:

Very true, it is important to get into a strong group and stay there until you hit the N1 (after about 15km).

From here it is a relative free ride until you come back into town which is at about 60-65km. There are a couple of 'rollers' on the N1 and the wind can play havoc as well. Albrecht gets steep but is short.

When you hit the N1 again there is a drag from about 92km which is about 5km long. It is usually quite hot when you get here and people who managed to hang on till here might still be dropped...

Thanx for your reply, this makes a lot of sense...basically it means, shut-up and hang on (LOL) :whistling:

:eek: yes it is VERY true and the wind has NOT been our friend in races this year up in Joburg area... :unsure: and Bloemies CAN be a unpredictable place...hot and windy could be the order of the day :wacko:

Nee eks op krukke tot Desember. My ligamente erg seer gemaak verlede week :thumbdown:

Agge nee :eek: dis nou slegte nuus :thumbdown: sterkte ou maat en ja asseblief...hou vir ons 'n koue een in die cooler box vir die einde :thumbup: :clap: sal dit nodig hê :drool: hoop jy is sommer gou weer op die been!!!

Agge nee :eek: dis nou slegte nuus :thumbdown: sterkte ou maat en ja asseblief...hou vir ons 'n koue een in die cooler box vir die einde :thumbup: :clap: sal dit nodig hê :drool: hoop jy is sommer gou weer op die been!!!

Nee man ek sal sommer bo op Albrecht al met 'n paar koues wag! :w00t: Dankie en sterkte vir die race. Watse kit dra jy sodat ek kan uitkyk

Aggenee dit is slegte nuus. Gehoop jy gaan die mtb samet my op die SS ry. Hoop hy kom gou reg!

Thanx for your reply, this makes a lot of sense...basically it means, shut-up and hang on (LOL) :whistling:

:eek: yes it is VERY true and the wind has NOT been our friend in races this year up in Joburg area... :unsure: and Bloemies CAN be a unpredictable place...hot and windy could be the order of the day :wacko:

Maybe we are seeded in the same bunch and can help each other. I will need it...