retro fit disc brakes on kids 24inch mtb

Jonny Fish

Anybody put disc brakes on a kids 24 mtb, the silverback frame has the bracket for rear brakes. These caliper brakes are no good in wet and muddy conditions

Kids don't need brakes :D, only reason why Disc wouldve been nice for me as kid was those buckles.

but its summer now, so no wet weather for a while and by the time the winter is here again, he/she might be big enough for 26'er

If the rear dropouts has a built in mounting bracket, if the fork has a mounting bracket and you will have to get new hubs and the wheels rebuilt....... Oh you also would need to have the munny for all this.

Expensive. Find some SwissStop Salmon pads and you V-Brakes will perform much better. Put the money towards the next bike.

Anybody put disc brakes on a kids 24 mtb, the silverback frame has the bracket for rear brakes. These caliper brakes are no good in wet and muddy conditions

Put some decent V-brakes on them.

I got the 2013 Scott 24, used my old Xt wheels and rebuild them on the rim. Had to replace the rear detailer to fit the bigger cassette.