Riding in Boknes/Kenton on sea area

MaxUmis

Howdee folks.

We're heading down to the the Boknes/Kenton on sea area next week for a little getaway.

We want to take the bikes along and I was wondering if there are any good mountain biking trails.

Searches on Strava make it seem like the guys mostly ride road loops up past Alexandria and back.

So... do I take the hardtail or duel suspension bike?

Any advice from folk in the know?

Howdee folks.

We're heading down to the the Boknes/Kenton on sea area next week for a little getaway.

We want to take the bikes along and I was wondering if there are any good mountain biking trails.

Searches on Strava make it seem like the guys mostly ride road loops up past Alexandria and back.

So... do I take the hardtail or duel suspension bike?

Any advice from folk in the know?

We are leaving for Kenton on Sea this Saturday for 2 weeks.

Also busy mapping out some routes.

The only trails I know of are in Sebumo Tude other than the dirt roads in the area.

The Alexandria dirt road loop is a good ride due to the undulating hills and the wind. There is a footpath in Cannon rocks that is meant for hiking, but if you are keen for a real challenge, ride it. There are a few wooden steps that you have to walk up but it is great fun going down them. Its roughly 7km of high intensity riding.

The Alexandria dirt road loop is a good ride due to the undulating hills and the wind. There is a footpath in Cannon rocks that is meant for hiking, but if you are keen for a real challenge, ride it. There are a few wooden steps that you have to walk up but it is great fun going down them. Its roughly 7km of high intensity riding.

@dalem44 - is the Karel Landman road from Alex to Bonesstrand safe to Mtb?

Try HayleyEarth... that's her 'hood!

Fanx Patches, I shall PING HayleyEarth :thumbup:

We are leaving for Kenton on Sea this Saturday for 2 weeks.

Also busy mapping out some routes.

The only trails I know of are in Sebumo Tude other than the dirt roads in the area.

Cool, we'll be there from the 13th.

Perhaps we can stitch together a nice 4 hourish ride around the15/16th?

Will be in touch :thumbup:

Will definitely go looking for it. Sounds like fun.

Fanx Patches, I shall PING HayleyEarth :thumbup:

Cool, we'll be there from the 13th.

Perhaps we can stitch together a nice 4 hourish ride around the15/16th?

Will be in touch :thumbup:

Sounds like a plan.

Hey hey....yes this is my hood. Havent been there in a while, but it is the place I call home :)

There is a way to ride mainly off-road from Boknes, to Bushmans, pass Kenton and all the way to Port Alfred - most of this is just dirt roads.

When I go there, I stay in Bushmans and my daily ride includes a dirt road loop that looks like this (60km or so:)

post-24697-0-77558800-1380795760_thumb.jpg

Then I also sometimes do the Sebumo Tude trails option (43km) - kinda mostly single track, but huge climbs :

post-24697-0-11354600-1380795814_thumb.jpg

(Maybe you can scratch and view on my endomondo? Dont know if this will work if you not my 'friend')

http://www.endomondo...ts/user/3386672

I dont ride a HT, so dont know how it would feel on those roads.

You can also contact the cycle shop in Port Alfred, they will give you the latest info.

What is quite cool is that you will get to see quite a lot of wild on the routes.

I ride these route alone, it might be stupid, but I feel safe most of the time.

Edited by hayleyearth

Hey hey....yes this is my hood. Havent been there in a while, but it is the place I call home :)

There is a way to ride mainly off-road from Boknes, to Bushmans, pass Kenton and all the way to Port Alfred - most of this is just dirt roads.

When I go there, I stay in Bushmans and my daily ride includes a dirt road loop that looks like this (60km or so:)

post-24697-0-77558800-1380795760_thumb.jpg

Then I also sometimes do the Sebumo Tude trails option (43km) - kinda mostly single track, but huge climbs :

post-24697-0-11354600-1380795814_thumb.jpg

(Maybe you can scratch and view on my endomondo? Dont know if this will work if you not my 'friend')

http://www.endomondo...ts/user/3386672

I dont ride a HT, so dont know how it would feel on those roads.

You can also contact the cycle shop in Port Alfred, they will give you the latest info.

What is quite cool is that you will get to see quite a lot of wild on the routes.

I ride these route alone, it might be stupid, but I feel safe most of the time.

Pure gold.

Thanks for this Hayley!

The ongoing automotive strike afforded the family the opportunity to spend an awesome time in Kenton last week. The weather was really good, and of course you're not living at the coast unless the wind really blows at between 40 & 50 km/h mostly westerly.

I tried through the hub as well as by E Mail to contact those at Sebumo Tude, and unfortunately I was unsuccesful before getting there. I admit that I did not make the effort to phone, but was disapponted when I arrived by bike to find that the entire establishment was locked up and eerily quiet. It was 07h00 in the morning, but I dedcided to not venture around the single track without knowing what I may be in for.

All of this did however allow for an average 30 km workout there and back.

My advice is to certainly make the effort of phoning up front.

post-33815-0-09904500-1380801734_thumb.jpg