Road Index

Cycling Addict

Anyone know where the latest road seeding index can be viewed - the old supersport / cyclelab site seems to have disappeared?

Www.pedalpower.org.za

Don't take it as law though, since Race 4 Victory made it seem like races in Gauteng don't use the ppa seeding system any more.

You can check on pedalpower but it only includes racetec events. Not sure where else.

Www.pedalpower.org.za

Don't take it as law though, since Race 4 Victory made it seem like races in Gauteng don't use the ppa seeding system any more.

As far as I know PPA only uses WC races. There is no national seeding index like there was before. Gauteng races just use the previous race results.

As far as I know PPA only uses WC races. There is no national seeding index like there was before. Gauteng races just use the previous race results.

I hear what you're saying, but in practice I'm not sure this is the case.

My current PPA seeding is made up of 2 Cowteng races and the Argus:post-9143-0-24530500-1381137052_thumb.jpg

As a side note the seeding lady at R4V never heard of "Berge en Dale"... :blink:

At least the Engen race got it right over the weekend.

As far as I can see, most RaceTec timed races use the PedalPower seeding index. However, The Argus and 94.7 have a completely different systems of working out seeding based on predefined races with the Argus using several calculations to try give you the best seeding possible.

There are however some races such as the Race For Victory who just thumb suck their seeding or perhaps they just use random races where they organisers have offered backhand deals? Goodness knows.

Additionally, I do also feel that the fact that PedalPower penalise riders by adding a penalty point per month on all races older than 5 months is a bit harsh and pretty much forces you to take part in races every few months so they can rip you off.

Additionally, I do also feel that the fact that PedalPower penalise riders by adding a penalty point per month on all races older than 5 months is a bit harsh and pretty much forces you to take part in races every few months so they can rip you off.

So to backup this comment, I've done tough races such as the Panorama Tour and Kremetart in the last 5 months although with neither of those being RaceTec races and me not having competed in a RaceTec race since April, I'm getting penalised on all of my current race seedings. PedalPower, RaceTec and the race organisers are clearly all in bed together.

So to backup this comment, I've done tough races such as the Panorama Tour and Kremetart in the last 5 months although with neither of those being RaceTec races and me not having competed in a RaceTec race since April, I'm getting penalised on all of my current race seedings. PedalPower, RaceTec and the race organisers are clearly all in bed together.

Yeah I agree, that is ridiculous. I haven't raced at all over the winter and my seeding has dropped by two groups because of that penalty system.

I hear what you're saying, but in practice I'm not sure this is the case.

My current PPA seeding is made up of 2 Cowteng races and the Argus:post-9143-0-24530500-1381137052_thumb.jpg

As a side note the seeding lady at R4V never heard of "Berge en Dale"... :blink:

At least the Engen race got it right over the weekend.

They only there because of the link with Racetec as far as I understand it. But according to PPA my group should be "B" yet I have raced in "A" for many years. So clearly Gauteng uses some sort of different seeding.

There really should be a national seeding index like there was in the past. Perhaps SuperSport can do it again. Or maybe AG can take the old one over.

I kind of agree but also disagree :whistling:

As far as I can see the penalty does not come into play for seeding the bigger races like Argus & 94.7 (except for very old results)

For the smaller races where you use your PPA number it might make a small impact, but they usually combine groups anyway, so its not as if you will suddenly drop from the front to the back of the field. If you pick up your number early in the season, you keep that number for a year anyway, so no need to drop back in groups.

+ I assume if you are really serious about improving that PPA seeding you are going to do a number of PPA races anyway.

PS - PPA seems to have no problem using Amarider Trailtag results (ie not timed by by Racetec), so I wonder why not some of the other timing systems - I assume its the usual politics...

They only there because of the link with Racetec as far as I understand it. But according to PPA my group should be "B" yet I have raced in "A" for many years. So clearly Gauteng uses some sort of different seeding.

There really should be a national seeding index like there was in the past. Perhaps SuperSport can do it again. Or maybe AG can take the old one over.

Lol, Andy, your PPA eligibility letter and your start group at races won't ever match up exactly. If that was the case there would be A batches with only 3 or 4 okes in them at every race :D