R20000 up for grabs - BUMP to improve your chances

The_Break

Hi Everyone

I am trying to raise funds for a project I am working. In order to raise the amount needed I have had start thinking creatively. This morning I had an idea that I need everyone's (well only those who are cheating their cycling diets) help with. As with most things in life people will be more willing to get involved if there is something to be gained in return. With this idea there will be, if you are prepared to spend about R3 and five minutes driving to your local post office.

This will be a trust based program and done in good faith. Here is how it will work.

McDonalds is currently holding a monopoly competition. As with all good competitions there are only a few lucky people who ever end up winning these prizes. If you are as lucky as I am then you probably will not win anything by the end of this competition, but hopefully we can all change that for a brief moment in history.

Basically, for every medium meal and up you will receive a sticker or two equivalent to a monopoly card. Collect a certain combination of cards and you win prizes ranging from Ster Kinekor movies to R100,000 in cash. The trick being that the chances of winning these prizes by the 17th November are slim if you calculate your probability of getting the right cards for the few meals you can actually eat before that date.

This is where you come in to help. You post me your stickers and in return I will send you the below should I win. Each sticker has a specific code on it. I will document these codes together with your name, email and telephone number that you are to mail together with the sticker. If I win I will then contact you and give you your part of the prize that I offer below. Simple as that.

Like I said, this is based on trust, but the most you have to loose is R3 on the stamp and the trip to the post office. I will pay you the following once I have received any prizes I may win.

Brown cards - Will pay you R250

Light blue cards - Will pay you R350

Pink cards - Will pay you 750

Orange cards - Will pay you R750 once I sell the item

Red cards - Will pay you R1500

Yellow Cards - R2500 once I sell the bike.

Green cards - No offer as I cannot sell this but you welcome to send it anyway. :)

Dark blue cards - R20000 as I will be taxed on this and thus the sum greatly reduced.

So for anyone interested in helping me raise funds for my project and also possibly getting something back, please send your Mac D stickers to:

The Break

140 Cabernet

Oude Libertasweg

Stellenbosch

Hope you guys enjoy some lekker McDs soon!

Thanks for helping out!

Edited by The_Break

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly. I only eat McDonalds when I get sick and need some fat to make me feel stronger. Probably why I never had the idea before. I got sick last week. :)

Guess something good came out of the flu bug. Well, hopefully.

Only time I eat McDonalds is when its 02:00 and nothing else is open.

Geez, their chips are so so good.

Geez, their chips are so so good.

Indeed, but it takes 1 minute going in and 9 days going out...

Indeed, but it takes 1 minute going in and 9 days going out...

and probably contain very little potato too.

This might work better on a pc or console gaming forum than a cycling forum... good idea though...

Those guys on the PC gaming forum are too clever. They will write and app that will send it to every living South African directly when he comes into range of the McDs wi-fi and then Im screwed. But hold on, you have a good point there.

So how may cyclists do we have out there that do enjoy a good McBurger from time to time?

I have some for you, I will try this postage thing in the morning, unless you will be at west coast express on sunday.

What happens if say 6 people send in dark blue and you win, who will you pay out?

I have some for you, I will try this postage thing in the morning, unless you will be at west coast express on sunday.

What happens if say 6 people send in dark blue and you win, who will you pay out?

First come first serve seems fair, as he would most likely approach McD's as soon as he gets two of a kind.