people needing a job

The Motion Shop Gtown

I am old school (52) but completely refuse to ever grow up or compromise on what I believe are reasonable standards...

Right now we are building a very exciting little bike shop in Grahamstown with strong feelings about bicycle care and culture, an educated client base with potential for huge growth is who we happily serve.

We have been looking for admin staff for some time now with no success .... out of way over 400 applicants not even 1 rides a bicycle of any sort, some feel over qualified proving to be unteachable and some just dont have a hope ...

If you know of a teachable person of any age, gender, race or whatever that wants to work (if this person rides a bike that's just great) please get said person to contact us at The Motion Shop 044 6229580

Job needs someone who knows their derailleur from their derrière - and yes, who can use a computer to do admin. But most of all you would need a passion for all kinds of cycling and an interest in learning about bikes, customers and the industry.

The admin will only be boring if you don't like bicycles and working with mechanics and customers!

The Motion Shop is just 3 years old but growing rapidly, with huge heart and passion. So you'll be part of a small team with an interesting and challenging set of responsibilities. This is my LBS - and also my job that I've really enjoyed learning to do!

For the right person, the job will grow around you as you become part of the team. So, no - it's definitely not going to be boring! How can keeping people who ride bikes happy with their bikes and bits (and bling) not be fun?

Job needs someone who knows their derailleur from their derrière - and yes, who can use a computer to do admin. But most of all you would need a passion for all kinds of cycling and an interest in learning about bikes, customers and the industry.

The admin will only be boring if you don't like bicycles and working with mechanics and customers!

The Motion Shop is just 3 years old but growing rapidly, with huge heart and passion. So you'll be part of a small team with an interesting and challenging set of responsibilities. This is my LBS - and also my job that I've really enjoyed learning to do!

For the right person, the job will grow around you as you become part of the team. So, no - it's definitely not going to be boring! How can keeping people who ride bikes happy with their bikes and bits (and bling) not be fun?

I guess we now know that XXX means G-town? How is the cycling community there? Good luck with the shop!

I guess we now know that XXX means G-town? How is the cycling community there? Good luck with the shop!

Of course!! G=XXX but don't try solving for Y!

Many more people cycling here compared to even a few years ago - and cycling of all kinds. We had a brilliant first MTB race to the coast in July (G2C). It's on again for next year, organized by our club, Saints & Sinners, which also runs a hill climb 4-race series twice a year.... Then there are night rides on Wednesdays.

Lots happening!

Anyone passing through town, come say hi to us at The Motion Shop. More details like how to find us on our website: www.motionshop.co.za

Saints & Sinners also has a Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/410704928998618/?ref=ts&fref=ts or just search for Saints and Sinners Cycling Club Grahamstown on Facebook.

Of course!! G=XXX but don't try solving for Y!

Many more people cycling here compared to even a few years ago - and cycling of all kinds. We had a brilliant first MTB race to the coast in July (G2C). It's on again for next year, organized by our club, Saints & Sinners, which also runs a hill climb 4-race series twice a year.... Then there are night rides on Wednesdays.

Lots happening!

Anyone passing through town, come say hi to us at The Motion Shop. More details like how to find us on our website: www.motionshop.co.za

Saints & Sinners also has a Facebook page: https://www.facebook...?ref=ts&fref=ts or just search for Saints and Sinners Cycling Club Grahamstown on Facebook.

Great to hear! :thumbup:

Had a mate who was a member of Rhodes's cycling club some years back. Small but tight-ish group. When I studied there (late '80s-early '90s) there wasn't one. Used to love throwing my mate's Topanga down Mountain Drive!

Consider this a BUMP… :whistling:

Great to hear! :thumbup:

Had a mate who was a member of Rhodes's cycling club some years back. Small but tight-ish group. When I studied there (late '80s-early '90s) there wasn't one. Used to love throwing my mate's Topanga down Mountain Drive!

Consider this a BUMP… :whistling:

Who was your mate? I had a white Topanga, Walker 91.

I am old school (52) but completely refuse to ever grow up or compromise on what I believe are reasonable standards...

Right now we are building a very exciting little bike shop in Grahamstown with strong feelings about bicycle care and culture, an educated client base with potential for huge growth is who we happily serve.

We have been looking for admin staff for some time now with no success .... out of way over 400 applicants not even 1 rides a bicycle of any sort, some feel over qualified proving to be unteachable and some just dont have a hope ...

If you know of a teachable person of any age, gender, race or whatever that wants to work (if this person rides a bike that's just great) please get said person to contact us at The Motion Shop 044 6229580

Good ad, love the no bull**** ethos, treat your customers with the same down to earth attitude and you will thrive.

The wages on offer, will possibly reflect the type of candidate, cycling is an expensive sport, do the math.

Good luck with the shop though. :thumbup:

Okay, so whats the going wage? :whistling:

....and will I get time to ride my bikes? :eek:

Pity it is so far....... I like doing boring stuff on computors and spreadsheets and to combine that with my other like ( cycling ) that must be absolutely awsome. :)

I vote you should organise a MTB race/ride over a day or two from XXX to Bathurst (making use of all their awesome single track along the river) and back via Kenton or so. ..

If it is between 15th Dec and 5 Jan somewhere consider me your 1st entry

Also if you need help selecting trails let me know, I have a few on gps files

Last Dec we did a ride from ex-Springbok, Hennie le Roux farm to Horns Up, there's plenty of exciting routes out there... please spice up my December and help me this year to get the rides going. .. :)

Edited by hayleyearth

gogo...I'll drop in when i'm in town...where do I find your shop??

Hi Cassie, we're in Cuyler Street, between High Street and New Street. That's not far from the post office & cathedral, & for anyone who had a tertiary 'education' at Rhodes, just up from the Vic - Victoria Hotel, which is still there. So come say hi!

These are a great bunch of guys that I had the privilege of meeting at G2C in July! If the shop is run anything like the race it will be a major success without a doubt!