Carbon MTB/ Road Shoes

Caerus

Sorry my bad, it's the Dragon 3 for R3250 and the Eagles for R2300

Either or.... depends on the state of your pocketbook... either way you will be happy - just a make sure you try them on - the sizing needs to be absolutely right - not the kind of thing you can buy on-line for the first pair. :)

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for all the help and advice, much appreciated. Will be trying them Monday when I pick up the new bike - Have a great weekend.

About a year ago.

I got my MTB shoes from Dunkeld 0113410627, think they were also round the R2800 mark, they were about R400-500 cheaper than Concept. I'd say call Dunkeld, the call is worth the saving ;)

West Rand Cycles were round the same price as Dunkeld.

Mate normally orders his Spez stuff from Hannes in Bloem.

I have no ties to either of the stores, to be honest, i've only ever bought a pair of shoes from Dunkeld & a pair from West Rand. My road shoes i imported, that was a 1k saving about 4 years ago.

So I went to many bike shops yesterday, only to leave all empty handed.

First off Northcliff Cycles, nothing in stock. Great store and service, but choice was limited.

Then to Linden cycles, nice shop and service was ok, but again very little in terms of choice.

It was then off too Concept in Melrose Arch, I had called on Friday to tell them I would be in and to keep the shoes for me to try on. I get there and they have sold the pair I had told them to keep, not very impressed, even trying to get any more info from them seemed a drag for the shop assistant - Massive fail for me in terms of service, the owner didn't even really try to make a plan.

Then went to Dunkeld Cycles, but again very little to no stock. I left after walking around for 15mins and not being asked if I needed help, then to also have the staff leering at my girlfriend. Won't go back there that's for sure.

All in all, I was left fairly dissapointed in terms of stock & service from the four shops I visited.

Seems I will have to see what is available in Cape Town now, hopefully CWC will come to the rescue once again.

Now the fun really begins in trying to actually source stock, which so far is proving fruitless of both the Spez and Sidi shoes. How hard could it be for shops to actually stock stuff, No Wonder people shop overseas, it's so darn frustrating.

Not having much luck with Cape Town stores either. May have to resort to Durban shops as well.

Now the fun really begins in trying to actually source stock, which so far is proving fruitless of both the Spez and Sidi shoes. How hard could it be for shops to actually stock stuff, No Wonder people shop overseas, it's so darn frustrating.

Not having much luck with Cape Town stores either. May have to resort to Durban shops as well.

Like I said - call Wayne... :) last time I ordered I had the shoes within 2 hours...

Like I said - call Wayne... :) last time I ordered I had the shoes within 2 hours...

I need to try on the Sidi somewhere first though, which is proving to be a problem. I know I fit the 43.5/ 44 in the Spez perfectly.

I need to try on the Sidi somewhere first though, which is proving to be a problem. I know I fit the 43.5/ 44 in the Spez perfectly.

Call ASG and ask who has stock locally - probably the best bet.

Just been quoted R2000 for S/Works and R1600 for the Pro from a Spez retailer(2013 range) :eek: Everyone else is quoting R3200 for the S/Works.

Call ASG and ask who has stock locally - probably the best bet.

What a painful experience that was :thumbdown: :cursing: :thumbdown:

What a painful experience that was :thumbdown: :cursing: :thumbdown:

Strange - they are usually quite helpful - if a little inconsistent...

So managed to track down some Sidi Dragon 3's to try on and they fit well in the Size 45's and are very comfy. Strangely though, the other shoes in the Sidi range sizing went from a 43 to the 46 :eek:

So now to make a decision, do I pay R2k for S-Works(2013), R1600 for the Spez Pro's(2013) which are only in black or pay the R3250 for the white Sidi's. Damn these first world choices. :wacko:

I also found shops don't keep all sizes. Too many sizes to stock? I had to order and wait for them to arrive, wasn't a major since i phoned in so no real expense.

The R2k S-Works would be my bet.

I'm tempted at R2k to get another pair but the gf would kill me

Edited by Clinton - theCOW

I also found shops don't keep all sizes. Too many sizes to stock? I had to order and wait for them to arrive, wasn't a major since i phoned in so no real expense.

Do it whilst she is still your gf.

That's what I'm thinking for R2k they are a steal, keep them for back-up and then I've got shoes to last for the next ten years. I wonder what they would cost in ten years time, I hate to imagine, seeing that a certain pair of Assos will be retailing at R6k :eek: Still sickening to pay almost 6 grand for two pair of shoes, my mother would kill me if she ever knew and I'm 36, lol.

Billy Rae at 2k per pair, do the right thing and spoil your new road bike with the proper road pedals and shoes. You know you want to...