MTB RACE TIMING AND RESULTS

JRH

The Beast of the East was one of the smaller races on the MTB racing calender in Gauteng and is nothing compared to the Trailseeker series. (Whose Curro Hazeldean course they incidentally duplicated partially yesterday).

SS Timing and Spectrum Sport, who times the Advendurance races, had the results out on the evening of every Trailseeker Race, each with far more than 3000 participants. Race Time still doesn't have theirs (Beast of the East) out as promised on their website.

At the finish line I asked one of the guys with the hand held scanners to scan my SAS chip, to make sure that my finish time was recorded. He indicated that they cannot scan SAS chips individually and that they rely on the overhead scanner, in which case I would have been stopped if it did not scan my chip. Those scanners failed me at Sondela. If you want to jump on the SAS band wagon, I suppose you must be able to play in the band?

One must be fair in criticizing race organizers, but they must also take into consideration, the hundreds of people who paid a lot of money to participate in a RACE (not a fun ride), to whom things like seeding indexes, results, etc. actually means more than the drink and medal afterwards.

In future I will stay with Advendurance and their races, with the occasional stage race during the year. That will save me a lot of frustration.

The Beast of the East was one of the smaller races on the MTB racing calender in Gauteng and is nothing compared to the Trailseeker series. (Whose Curro Hazeldean course they incidentally duplicated partially yesterday).

SS Timing and Spectrum Sport, who times the Advendurance races, had the results out on the evening of every Trailseeker Race, each with far more than 3000 participants. Race Time still doesn't have theirs (Beast of the East) out as promised on their website.

At the finish line I asked one of the guys with the hand held scanners to scan my SAS chip, to make sure that my finish time was recorded. He indicated that they cannot scan SAS chips individually and that they rely on the overhead scanner, in which case I would have been stopped if it did not scan my chip. Those scanners failed me at Sondela. If you want to jump on the SAS band wagon, I suppose you must be able to play in the band?

One must be fair in criticizing race organizers, but they must also take into consideration, the hundreds of people who paid a lot of money to participate in a RACE (not a fun ride), to whom things like seeding indexes, results, etc. actually means more than the drink and medal afterwards.

In future I will stay with Advendurance and their races, with the occasional stage race during the year. That will save me a lot of frustration.

. Where are the results posted for race yesterday?

. Where are the results posted for race yesterday?

It is supposed to be on their website, but despite an assurance on their site that it would be up shortly after the race, there is still nothing posted.

complain to them and hopefully next year racetec time it. One tonner results up in 2 hours

• 1 month later...

Val de Vie MTB Challenge 2013 for results from yesterday can be viewed on www.great-time.co.za. Posted within 1 hour after last rider over the line. Check out the website for other race results, including National XCO and DHI Series, Masters MTB Worlds and many others. New event results every week