USN Race #6 Modderfontein

Google

This is our home ground, was worried about the same thing. I think we will have to contend with bottlenecks, this is the first time a race of this size is being held at modderfontein. But a lot of the single track you can pass. I'd also like to know where they find 49 odd km, so hopefully they have cut some more trails.

Yea not any real bottlenecks as it was relatively easy to pass. I do however think the 30km started too early after thr 50km, i wasnt even 10km in before the 30km guys came flying in wanting to pass constantly, made the track quite busy.

As for finding the 50km (45km on my gps), we did repeat a section at the end was probably 6-8km section.

Overall lekker ride, enjoyed the sweeping single tracks. Not a very technical race, no rocks, but always lekker when you just flow through the single tracks.

Edited by silvertemplar

Wasn't a difficult track but it was fast and left one breathless, the wind made life difficult in some places (to me at least). Well organised race.

Well organised. The race was flowing, except for a couple of back markers towards the middle of the 30 km race. What I fail to understand is how two guys can ride next to each other on single track, while having a conversation about some or other topic, while I am shouting "Track", "Passing Right" and everything else I could think of to make them move, without success. When I passed off the track on the right, the one guy swerved TOWARDS me, hit me and then made a majestic somersault over the handle bars of his bike. When I initially got up and back on my bike, the oke was cross with me for letting him fall???????? Unbelievable! But thanks to USN for an otherwise great race.

Edited by JRH