Conti Tyres

T-Bag68

Hi guys,

I purchased some conti tyres, X king on the back, Mountain king on front.... thinking this is a good set of all round tyres,( ready for W2W) But got the shock of my life when I seen loads of pin holes in side wall of the mountain king..... clearly this has to be a manufactures fault, because my mate bought the same set, but both his have holes or loose pressure.. Has anyone else had this issue and what tryes do you recommend going for....??

Thanks in advance

Glen

P.S I am riding a 29er hard tail, if this makes a difference to the advice :-)

Edited by T-Bag68

had the same issue.

fill the tyre with the sealant of your choice and turn it on its side and swirl (both sides), check out the stans instruction videos and follow the process they recommend.

It does not immediately solve the problem, but eventually the holes get filled, just keep on adding air.

Hi guys,

I purchased some conti tyres, X king on the back, Mountain king on front.... thinking this is a good set of all round tyres,( ready for W2W) But got the shock of my life when I seen loads of pin holes in side wall of the mountain king..... clearly this has to be a manufactures fault, because my mate bought the same set, but both his have holes or loose pressure.. Has anyone else had this issue and what tryes do you recommend going for....??

Thanks in advance

Glen

P.S I am riding a 29er hard tail, if this makes a difference to the advice :-)

Snap, I had the same *** with my Race King on the rear.... not even 50% tread wear and the case fibres are showing, I washed the bike one afternoon and saw bubbles all over the sidewall growing and popping.

I thought let me replace the tyre as I had a spare, 300km on the new one and its case is also showing on the sides, hasnt started fizzing yet.

The tyres are the Race King 29" Protection... love the tyres but this is rubbish.

The mountain king on the front is fine still.

had the same issue.

fill the tyre with the sealant of your choice and turn it on its side and swirl (both sides), check out the stans instruction videos and follow the process they recommend.

It does not immediately solve the problem, but eventually the holes get filled, just keep on adding air.

Agree - did the same, also pumped it to max pressure so could "open the holes" for sealent to get through. Once did this and the side thing, checked it in the pool and all pinholes were closed.

Had the same on Rocket Ron.

Thanks Fanievb,

I have taken pressure up to 4 bar, put plenty stands.... some holes have sealed but I have no confidence going to do the W2W with this coming from a brand new tyre... I took them for there first ride yesterday, managed 20km before going through a few bombs to get back... They felt great on the trail, but this cant be good....

I feel better knowing im not the only one, I thought some smart arse might have gone in the shop with a set of darts and climbed into the tyres :ph34r:

I still think a swop at the shop is the way to go.... ??

Had the same issue with my 26" ones. Took me a whole morning of pumping, swirling, dipping in Jacuzzie to check for leaks, rinse and repeat.

They are not leaking anymore, but let them stand for a while, and they go flat. :cursing: Does not happen with the Geax tyres on my other wheelset.

I had the same with some XKings that came with my bike...they did seal, but I was never comfortable. When I popped some Maxxis Ikons on...perfect, seated first time and no leakages whatsoever through the sidewalls and beading.