Bike buy advice

parks11

I didnt notice the downtube shifters on the Fuji. Makro stocks the Raleigh Revenio which has similar specs to the Fuji, but normal handlebar mounted shifting. It i currenlty R4k, but does go on sale for R3k occassionaly.

While the groupset is entry level, it will be more than sufficient for your purposes. I did see guys riding Amashova with the Revenio though.

I didnt notice the downtube shifters on the Fuji. Makro stocks the Raleigh Revenio which has similar specs to the Fuji, but normal handlebar mounted shifting. It i currenlty R4k, but does go on sale for R3k occassionaly.

While the groupset is entry level, it will be more than sufficient for your purposes. I did see guys riding Amashova with the Revenio though.

Brilliant. I'll wait for that to go on special sometime then even though the Fuji really does look cool. I've never used downtube shifters, are they quite difficult to get used to?

Even a more simple bicycle would be perfect, something like the Fuji Draft (looks great!!) but theyre quite expensive. Seems the more simple the bike, the more expensive it gets.

See someone posted an Avalanche Road bike for R1800 today which looks great but not a name I know!

Haha you read my mind. This would be absolutely spot on for me! Pity it's Eastern Cape though! I wonder if any dealers would do that sort of price for a new one as I see the retail is around R3500

Speak to the seller maybe you can reach some agreement as to price / delivery.

I know nothing about road bikes ;) I'm a devoted MTBer but this one looks cool to me :)

Speak to the seller maybe you can reach some agreement as to price / delivery.

I know nothing about road bikes ;) I'm a devoted MTBer but this one looks cool to me :)

If I am correct this is more an 'urban' bike (which is exactly what im looking for). The single speed thing still scares me though!

Single speed isn't scary at all (if you don't plan on riding up huge mountains or plan on going fast). Think of all the kids on their BMX bikes.... one gear and they go everywhere.

Haven't read the replies, so it might have been mentioned... but get yourself a singlespeed, with thin tyres and some flat handlebars. IMHO that is perefect for riding around town etc. You get nice old skool looking ones.

Single speed isn't scary at all (if you don't plan on riding up huge mountains or plan on going fast). Think of all the kids on their BMX bikes.... one gear and they go everywhere.

Haven't read the replies, so it might have been mentioned... but get yourself a singlespeed, with thin tyres and some flat handlebars. IMHO that is perefect for riding around town etc. You get nice old skool looking ones.

Okey perfect. Will look into single speeds. These, to me atleast, look exactly like what I want. The one Fuji for sale mentioned in this forum is awesome. They just seem quite expensive for what they are. You seem to get more value out of a road bike but thats to me - an absolute novice

Found a nice giant avertised on these forums today. Just worried the size may be a bit small for myself as a guy and 53cm. I do have a small in seem tho?

The bicycle shop is asking 1200 for the bike and I would imagine there is room to haggle there?

I got one of these Peugeot Champions to ride to school with.

Circa 1990, readily available off the shelves at Makro, Hypermarket, Game etc.

± R500 - R700 @ the time (if I remember correctly).

Donated it to a fellow hubber's gardener not so long ago.