Rapidé PitchFork® Carbon Rigid Forks 26/27.5/29

Kiwi

Hi DJ84,

Cool, we may have the forks today, not sure yet. The AC for the 26" PitchFork is 415mm which is suspension correct so that should be just right for you. Weight I'm pretty sure is in the 600 gram range but I'll weigh them as soon as we have them in hand.

Hi kiwi,

the for looks good.

I will measure tonight and double check the length.

I actually use a RST First Platinum Air at them moment that I bought from you a few years back.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is hot looking carbon fork! Makes me wish I never sold my Singular.

Hi Maxxis,

Thanks!

BTW we may have a replacement for your Singular available in the near future if you want one. Prototypes being welded at the moment, just saying...

Very interested in a 29" straight steer in white please let me know if you have.

Hi Fire Engine,

No white straight steerer 29ers left, more being made though. Might have 1 clear coated carbon straight steerer 29er fork left.

Hi Maxxis,

Thanks!

BTW we may have a replacement for your Singular available in the near future if you want one. Prototypes being welded at the moment, just saying...

ooooohhh, keep us updated

Hi Maxxis, Thanks! BTW we may have a replacement for your Singular available in the near future if you want one. Prototypes being welded at the moment, just saying...
ooooohhh, keep us updated

oh yes, any idea on price?

oh yes, any idea on price?

Hi Flowta,

Yeah, we have a price in mind but it will depend on the Rand etc. I should have two new steel frames to play with in December. Trying to be vague here, just in case things take longer than we have been promised/we need to make changes etc etc. I'm super excited about the design, if it rides like it looks...

Hi Guys

This baffles me, why would one put a rigid fork on a MTB?

Rigid forks belongs on road bikes where you don't have to absorb shocks, or is this for gravel riding?

not mountain biking

Hi Raab,

No ETA on the Java frames but we may have an alternative very soon.

Please keep me updated on this as well :thumbup:

Hi Guys

Rigid forks belongs on road bikes where you don't have to absorb shocks, or is this for gravel riding?

not mountain biking

Hi Grumpy,

There's plenty of reasons! Check out the fixed and single speed section of the forums:

https://www.bikehub.co.za/f/41-fixie-singlespeed/

Hi Guys

not mountain biking

It's like taking the abs and traction control of your Ferrari. Thats were the fun begins

Hi Guys

not mountain biking

lighter front end, easier to manoeuvre and control, improves technical abilities and selecting your line, quicker climbing... more pure mountain biking and a lot more fun when on the front of a single speed

Hi Guys

not mountain biking

Grumpy, grumpy, grumpy.

These forks absorb a lot more than one would think, they are super light ( usually a kilo less than the best suspension), zero maintenance and you 'learn to ride again and look where you are going. You can ride the most technical terrain on a rigid, only slower down fast and rough descents. These are for Serious mountainbikers :whistling: . Obviously shocks are very useful in some conditions, but these are amazing too.

Give it a go, you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Hi Flowta,

Yeah, we have a price in mind but it will depend on the Rand etc. I should have two new steel frames to play with in December. Trying to be vague here, just in case things take longer than we have been promised/we need to make changes etc etc. I'm super excited about the design, if it rides like it looks...

a rigid SS might very well be on the cards for 2014.......27.5?

Archived