Stellenbosch-wes NGK MTB funride

HomerSimpson

As the racing forum is presently disabled I'm posting this here....

Anybody doing this ride on Saturday?  For the 2nd year in a row I managed to get flu the week before the event which is really cr#p!  The start of the ride is quite literally only 800m away from my house....smiley5.gif.  So I'll go stand at a suitable potential crash site on Papegaaiberg with my camera, I guess.smiley2.gif

My Gf is doing this one Homer, do you or any1 else maybe have a profile for the race or know what the route is like. Sorry to hear you missing out on the race again Homer ai ai, maybe next year:-P

She's hoping to well again, wiff my expert training technics she's won the last two Mtb events she's taken part in hehehe, just kidding, she's really getting good. Sara better watch out....smiley2.gif

I'm missing out on this one, doing 2x 170km this weekend, need those base miles..

Yeah - on one of those little drop offs - should get some nice photos.

I am not doing it - got something else on smiley19.gif

She's hoping to well again' date=' wiff my expert training technics she's won the last two Mtb events smiley2.gif

[/quote']

I heard it was the bike she rides......smiley2.gif

...you are so right Rock, if not for the SantaCruz SL she bought from you this would not have been possible, the bike handles like a dream and if I hear her rave about it again before I get mine I like have to strangle hersmiley36.gif

...you are so right Rock' date=' if not for the SantaCruz SL she bought from you this would not have been possible, the bike handles like a dream and if I hear her rave about it again before I get mine I like have to strangle hersmiley36.gif

[/quote']

I miss my superlight smiley19.gifsmiley19.gifsmiley19.gifsmiley19.gifsmiley19.gifsmiley19.gif

if you want the profile, draw a zigzag line and there you have it. Lots of shortish very sharpish climbes. Up Down Up down..... I never know there could be so many climbs behind Pappegaaiberg.

Went for a ride on Papegaaiberg yesterday afternoon....was wasted after 30 minutes on the bike (I knew this was going to happen after the flu episode, but would I listen to myself? Noooooo...smiley18.gif).  Reminded myself that this ride starts with a real bastard of a little climb.

Will go for another spin this afternoon and maybe I'll manage to do the short route tomorrow.smiley20.gif