Fabian Cancellara to attempt Hour Record

gummibear

Do the drag benefits of high altitude count for more than the negative aerobic effects?

Interesting.

Definitely

To eliminate oxygen deficit, just acclimatize

Some of the earlier records were set at altitude

Edited by ' Dale

Do the drag benefits of high altitude count for more than the negative aerobic effects?

Interesting.

Yes Cycling is about the only sport to benefit from high altitude.

Even without any altitude acclimatisation Merck set his record at Mexico city.

Yeah, it would be good to see it being "revived".

Slight tangent, for some insight into what it takes to prep for the race of truth, read this:

post-1604-0-64638800-1384936281_thumb.jpg

I bought "The Hour" t yesterday thanks to your tip, its sitting right up there with the best cycling books I have read, although I am only about 15% through it

I bought "The Hour" t yesterday thanks to your tip, its sitting right up there with the best cycling books I have read, although I am only about 15% through it

Good to hear! Won't spoil it for you, but it gets even better when the UCI get involved. Farcical at times…as one would expect.

Good to hear! Won't spoil it for you, but it gets even better when the UCI get involved. Farcical at times…as one would expect.

What the UCI doing something not in the interests of the sport?.... Never

• 1 month later...

Bradley Wiggins (Team Sky) expressed interest in making a run at the hour record now that the UCI has reversed its previous decision and will allow competitors to use bikes that comply with rules for endurance competition on the track. The ruling, which came out earlier this week, allows aero bars, disc wheels and aero helmets.

http://www.cyclingne...-in-hour-record

Edited by Tumbleweed