Randpark Ridge / Boskruin Group Rides

Agteros

Hello All. I am in Randpark Ridge as well. And would love to put a group together for the Roadies. Maybe starting at the Shell garage opposite Rhema. we could then join the E2E route at Beyers Naude corner Milner at Northcliff corner. Let's put it together. My number is 072 975 0729 to arrange. I am a 28 - 30 km/h chap.

I'm keen to start something regular at a fixed time every day. Problem for me is that I have to be back at home (Boskruin) by 6am. Going out to the E2E route will only take one away from home.

For me to be safe time-wise on a 40km ride I'll have to start at about 4:30 in the mornings. Was thinking to create a loop / loops more in the general vicinity as there are plenty of multi lane / yellowed laned roads. Even using Witkoppen/Christiaan de Wet, Hendrik Potgieter or going out on Malibongwe, going onto the R114 onto Beyers via marina road should be fine early in the mornings (<6am).

Thing is to make the routes fixed so that if mechanicals / worse happen, partners / friends will know where to go look if we use different routes on different days (Route 1 on Tue, Route 2 on Wed, etc), much like the ICG crowd is doing and unlike the E2E reasonably static loop, which can become boring after a while.

We can use the garage on the corner of Rabie and Ysterhout as a start venue. Sounds good!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Alternative starting venue can be the Boskruin Shopping Centre. There is an active running group leaving Tue-Fri at 5am as well as a security control post in the parking area (The runners park close to it in front of the garage). Also a crossfit group starting at a gym there around 5am

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone in and around that rides afternoons? from about 16:00

Looking to try put together a few loops from The Buzz Shopping center on Witkoppen.

To Clearwater is pretty good, enough yellow lane to be safeish, but would like to make it a loop and not a there and back as below

http://www.strava.com/activities/93543511

Looking for route ideas as well please

Maybe something like this.

Hopefully this will be road bike friendly.

Edited by Lizzardd

• 2 weeks later...

I am going to leave from the Boskruin Shopping Centre tomorrow at 4:30. Going to be about 34km, testing time limits etc. Anybody welcome to join. Plan to be back at the start before 6am.

Starting from the garage there.

https://maps.google.co.za/maps?q=Boskruin+Village,+Hawken+Avenue,+Randburg,+Gauteng&hl=en&ll=-26.087164,27.957931&spn=0.008634,0.016512&sll=-26.086725,27.95895&sspn=0.008634,0.016512&oq=boskruin+village&t=h&hnear=Boskruin+Village,+Hawken+Ave,+Bromhof,+Randburg,+City+of+Johannesburg+Metropolitan+Municipality,+Gauteng+2154&z=17&layer=c&cbll=-26.087164,27.957931&panoid=0dolPHTuojeSFhFFME6V_w&cbp=12,110.73,,0,2.57

Going out to Fourways via Olivedale Clinic and back to Beyers via Northhumberland, doing a quick loop past Rock Cottage before returning on Beyers

Hey guys!!

I am starting training again. I will be starting from corner ascot ave and malibongwe 04:30 Tuesdays to Thursdays. aim is to be back at 06:00am. No clue yet of the route.

One thing, I ride mountain bike. Looking at avg speed of about 15km/hr or so

• 4 months later...

How long does it take you? I'd be keen - just need to make sure the MTB is A-OK - been riding road for almost a year!

Are you still riding in the afternoons?