Pretoria East - Weekday Morning Training Ride

Rudi Pollard

I am looking to join a group for some weekday morning training rides. I am looking to go out on Tuesdays and Thursdays and can do 2-3 hour rides on either my MTB or Road bike.

I would like to go out as early as possible as I work in JHB, so ideally I would like to be done by 7h30.

Is there anyone I can join out there?

Edited by lapa

Hey Lapa

I travel a lot for work, but when I am in Pta, I would be keen to join. Stay in Wilgers area, where do you ride from and what pace? I only do MTB though.

I am just around the corner in Timbavati Street.

The pace will depend on the group I guess.

I have seen quite a lot of guys riding in the mornings, and was hoping to link up with them if possible.

Hi Lapa

Im also in the area and would also love to train in the mornings my motivation is just lacking :whistling: so a group ride might be the solution.

Road - Tuesday and Thursday Velo club goes out, Tuesday can be brutal(36-38 ave), Thursdays are easy (32-35 ave) start at 5:30, done by 7:15 latest.

Road - Tuesday and Thursday Velo club goes out, Tuesday can be brutal(36-38 ave), Thursdays are easy (32-35 ave) start at 5:30, done by 7:15 latest.

Geez, Im going to have to up my game to keep up with the Tuesday ride. Averaged 32 on the 94.7 all by myself so not sure how big a difference a bunch will make. I am only getting into road cycling now, but I MTB alot...

• 2 weeks later...

I am looking to join a group for some weekday morning training rides. I am looking to go out on Tuesdays and Thursdays and can do 2-3 hour rides on either my MTB or Road bike.

I would like to go out as early as possible as I work in JHB, so ideally I would like to be done by 7h30.

Is there anyone I can join out there?

Me and a friend ride most mornings at 05:00 from the Engen in Hans Strijdom. Welcome to join.

• 1 month later...

Hi all

Is there an early morning riding group in the East?

I'm looking for someone to cycle with during the week either Mtb or Road.

I ride twice a week leaving just after 5 to be home by 6.

I do a 23 km loop on the Mtb or a 30km loop down Boschkop on the road bike.

Would prefer to ride the road bike in the week to save the mtb nobblies...