Taken out by a car door ...

JohnnyReggae

I suppose it had to happen sooner or later, 14 months and 4800 km's into commuting to work I get taken out by a car. At least I can say it was only the car door.

Heading home with a nice tail wind for a change, I'm travelling on the inside of a line of cars stopped at a pedestrian traffic light, a passenger in a car decides that this is an *awesome* place to quickly get out and flings the car door open in front of me. No time to react and end up hitting the door quite hard and get flung onto the sidewalk which I also hit quite hard. Thankfully nothing broken, but loads of pain ....

The lady who was driving the car was very apologetic and offered to take me to a hospital, doctor, home, etc... Seeing nothing was broken I had her just take me home. She offered to pay any costs and gave me her details should I need them.

I initially felt very angry about the whole thing, and now despite the pain, I've let it go. I'm just going to get back on my bike, when I can ;) , and carry on riding ....

Just checking, if you were flung onto the sidewalk were you not passing on the wrong side? Not trying to make any point. just stating the obvious. She could almost sue you for damages as you were passing on the wrong side.

Ok I see this was covered. my bad. Moving the troll along.

Edited by Dick

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ja , i got taken out by a truck while passing on the inside of stationary traffic - witnessed by a cop. he told me i was in the wrong as i should of been in the middle, lane splitting. now i super cautious in static traffic more so in Sea Point. i even suspicious of empty vehicles.

J R , heal up quickly and get back on the bike.

Edited by ccc2