How do I remove a JD bug wheel ?

igknot

first. there are plastic plugs at the bottom on the sides of the wheel on the fork remove with a flat screwdriver.

then you will see both sides have a hex on the bolt. loosen the bolt on the one side while holding a allenkey

on the other side. when loose, pull the shaft out, like a through axel

the REAR wheel cpt.... just hold the inner nut with a thin spanner, and undo the outer nut a bit - do both sides, push the wheel forward, unhook the chain and then take the wheel out.

@flat29 and v12:- Thank you.. They have an inner and an outer plastic cap. Does both come out or only the inner. They are seriously integrated from lost of dragging across various abrasive surfaces

@the otherguy: whatever dude

Edited by igknot

@igknot

I suppose I just get irritated when people cannot work out the simple things for themselves. If you had looked at the thing for 5 minutes you would have seen how to do it. Did you never play with lego as a lightie, or take something apart just to see what it looked like inside?

I dunno.

Prise off the plastic tabs (if any) and reassess. Have a look at it and try to determine if you can do anything to remove it without going apoplectic and neanderthal on its ass.

You can solve a lot of little things like this by just stopping, investigating and assessing. Then experiment. What happens if I... ?

And so on.

Edit: logo > lego

Edited by cpt armpies mayhem

The rear wheel is easy compared to taking off and putting back on the tyre. They're so small. After hours, and multiple people trying, we had to take it down to a car tyre place and use their machine to put it back on. I hope you have better luck.

Edited by Nick.

Erm, V12man - me!? All I did was tell him to use his noggin!

As the rear is to the front, so cpt is to flat29.... :)

I was wondering whose noggin you were referring to? mine usually has beer in it....

Or do u just automatically reply to me even when I don't post? Thunk abt me much!?

Btw. Pads work be ay yooooooooootifully.

er... no thunking at all... :)

Glad you like the pads... bit hard to find, but so far those are the best I have used.

The rear wheel is easy compared to taking off and putting back on the tyre. They're so small. After hours, and multiple people trying, we had to take it down to a car tyre place and use their machine to put it back on. I hope you have better luck.

That's what your LBS is for.... :) especially if you buy a new tube from them... they might as well fit it while you wait...

I have actually taken my son's one off a couple of times - doesn't like being ridden down steps too much - kept going flat.....

That's what your LBS is for.... :) especially if you buy a new tube from them... they might as well fit it while you wait...

Haha, a bit tricky when you are the LBS selling the tube ;) I was helping them out and got relegated to the kid's bikes. Luckily, the client didn't choose to wait.

Haha, a bit tricky when you are the LBS selling the tube ;) I was helping them out and got relegated to the kid's bikes. Luckily, the client didn't choose to wait.

I will admit I cheated, and used 3 crowbars at the same time to pop the tyre over the rim.... just got to apply some brute force... a LOT of force...

I will admit I cheated, and used 3 crowbars at the same time to pop the tyre over the rim.... just got to apply some brute force... a LOT of force...

Glad to hear it's not just me. I was starting to feel like a weakling. Tyre levers definitely weren't up to the job.

The guy at the car tyre garage almost got it on with his bare hands though.

Edited by Nick.