2014 World Cup Schedule Announced

Capricorn

The 2014 UCI World Cup calendar has been announced. With the first round taking place on 05-06 April in Pietermaritzburg. The dates are subject to change at the moment but the 2014 calendar will comprise of nine rounds, in nine different countries:

2014 UCI Mountain Bike World Cup presented by Shimano

Event/Discipline Date Venue

UCI DHI Round 1 05-06 April Pietermaritzburg (RSA)

UCI DHI Round 2 26-27 April Cairns (AUS)

UCI DHI Round 3 07-08 June Fort William (GBR)

UCI DHI Round 4 14-15 June Leogang (AUT)

UCI DHI Round 5 02-03 August Mont-Sainte-Anne (CAN)

UCI DHI Round 6 09-10 August Windham (USA)

UCI DHI Round 7 23-24 August Méribel (FRA)

World Champs September 04-07 - Hafjell, Norway

There are only seven downhill rounds to be held next year, Pietermaritzburg, Cairns, Fort William, Leogang, Mont-Sainte-Anne, Windham and Méribel, other rounds are coinciding with XCO and XCE events with Nove Mesto na Morave and Albstadt being just XCO and XCE rounds.

There are two new World Cup destinations for 2014, they are Cairns, Australia, and Méribel in France, both hosting a triple event (Olympic Cross-country, Cross-country Eliminator and Downhill). The second round in Cairns will prepare the way for the 2017 UCI Mountain Bike & Trials World Championships.

Méribel will provide the stage for the final round of the UCI Mountain Bike World Cup and will be the last chance for the athletes to confront each other before the World Championships which will get under way in Hafjell, Norway, 10 days later. Which will be the first time that Norway has hosted the Mountain Bike Worlds since 1990.

After it’s debut in 2013, Albstadt (Germany) features on the calendar for the second time with Olympic cross-country and Cross-country Eliminator competitions. Meanwhile Windham (USA) returns after a one-year absence.

Read more at http://dirt.mpora.com/news/2014-uci-world-cup.html#WBEyk4Vt2z2gf2IT.99

Guest Omega Man

Agree.

This is the IXS Calendar.

17/05 Maribor Slovenia

21/06 Schladming Austria

26/06 Spicak CZE

05/07 Wiriehorn SUI

19/07 Val di Sole Italy

16/08 Pila Italy

20/09 Leogang

No Chatel next year.

Dhi starting late this year..normally starts in March does it not?..anyway liking forward to it....and looking at the courses this year..our man Greg can be helluva competitive

Cap ... remember that its not just the uci who set the venues. Venues bid for the rights which the uci then award. If vds and schladming dont bid they cant get awarded a spot. A couple of years back windham bid, was awarded, but then pulled out as they didnt have the cash to run the event and hosting it would have sunk them.

The uci actually Battle to find venues willing to bid for events as it costs so much to host the events.

Cap ... remember that its not just the uci who set the venues. Venues bid for the rights which the uci then award. If vds and schladming dont bid they cant get awarded a spot. A couple of years back windham bid, was awarded, but then pulled out as they didnt have the cash to run the event and hosting it would have sunk them.

The uci actually Battle to find venues willing to bid for events as it costs so much to host the events.

i know, just dont make it suck less :thumbup:

Yeah its crap that some of the bigger track venues dont bid. But there are tons that could also make awesome tracks. Eg ... nevegal, kaprun, vail ... but the venues dont want the world cups as they cost too much to host. I know that vds didnt have the cash to host this years event. As far as uci commissioner said to me is that schladming just didnt have he cash. Also from a logistics viewpoint the uci like triple event locations as it makes it easier for the venue to host the event

couple of changes up top and maybe down the bottom

Near the top ...

1. after the first 2 road gaps im looking at putting in a new section down to Cloud 9 ... then i'm looking at changing Cloud 9 and going further right to use the gradient and rocks more ... I will be adding a long new rock garden to make it rougher.

2. add more rocks below Cloud 9

3. Haibo will be no longer - we will have a new section crossing rut hill but then turning left and crossing the road again using a super steep section with more rocks.

4. - then below the pedal - i will probably use the Masters line at the 4 cross section.

5. - Looking at putting in a new section at slip-n-slide ... (where sam hill binned it) ... on the left bank of the valley.

So have some ideas ...

Excellent nige...sounds brilliant...I am really keen to give a hand where I can. So Please...give me a shout when you get going