Strava vs Endomondo

PoiZoNouZ

If I remember correctly Strava was way out last year on the Argus route as reported by several.

Then they have not managed to sort it out yet because I see this ridiculous climbing figures all the time on strava

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saw a while ago that there was an app that someone made to do bulk export of data, can't remember if it was for Endomondo or SportsTracker

Slighty off topic, but I find huge discrepancies in vertical ascent between data from my Garmin 500 and the Strava mobile app which many of my riding buddies use. In almost all instances, their data says they climbed twice as much meters. Eg, we all know the Argus route has about 1200m vertical gain and my Garmin was bang on. Strava mobile app shows like 2500m vertical gain for the exact same route. Anybody else experience this?

If I remember correctly Strava was way out last year on the Argus route as reported by several.

Okay, so it is not Endomondo under reading, but Strava over reading. I will then keep using Endomondo to track and I will export to Strava, only to compare some segment times.

[/size]

Okay, so it is not Endomondo under reading, but Strava over reading. I will then keep using Endomondo to track and I will export to Strava, only to compare some segment times.

Why not run both when riding? I run Endomondo and the Vitality Fit App (for points) at the same time and have not noticed much difference in battery drain.

Why not run both when riding? I run Endomondo and the Vitality Fit App (for points) at the same time and have not noticed much difference in battery drain.

I was actually thinking of trying that this afternoon. Thanks.

I was just like you, but I started transferring my rides yesterday... Did about 10 in 15 minutes. Will do a few every day, until it is done. I will use Strava in the future. I also think Endomondo has been under reading the elevation change, as per my first post here.

Strava lets you upload quite a few rides at once, 25 I think, so the only time consuming thing is downloading from Endomondo and possibly changing titles.

I like Endomondo because it's easy to export rides. I don't know how to export from Strava. I ride with Endomondo and the almost useless Vitality app, and then upload a copy to Strava to see if I've improved my ride times.

Endomondo has a nicer challenge feature, more specific to MTB.

Edit: looked weird in tapatalk

Edit2: didn't help

I did a 40.5km ride this morning. I used both my Garmin Edge 705 and Strava on my iPhone. The elevation gain on my Garmin was indicated as 242m and on Strava it was 238m. The distance was 40.48km on my Garmin and 40.5Km. However, the energy on the Garmin was 1730 calories, but on Strava it was 630Kj. If I convert the 1730 calories to Kj, I get to a figure of 413Kj. I presume Strava just gives a more rough guestimate than what the Garmin does. Having said that, I just accept both the Garmin and Strava as a rough indication.

• 2 weeks later...

After much consideration about converting to Strava from Endomondo, I decided to stay with Endomondo.  That is the one I chose and I stick to my decision.  The reason for that is, Endomondo doesn't give me any problems and it's easy to use. 

I track myself with a Garmin or my phone and upload the data to Endomondo

Garmin Connect will now automatically upload to Strava and Training Peaks, if you have a 510 or 810 and connect it to your phone everything is upload and ready for analysis before you even walk into the house after your ride.

After much consideration about converting to Strava from Endomondo, I decided to stay with Endomondo.  That is the one I chose and I stick to my decision.  The reason for that is, Endomondo doesn't give me any problems and it's easy to use. 

I track myself with a Garmin or my phone and upload the data to Endomondo

What problems did you have with Strava?

Garmin Connect will now automatically upload to Strava and Training Peaks, if you have a 510 or 810 and connect it to your phone everything is upload and ready for analysis before you even walk into the house after your ride.

All I need now is the 810 [emoji23][emoji23]

Archived