Biggest Club Rides

decibach db

OneTime

we would love you to try out our club. Where do you live as we have 7 National clubs. pls drop me a mail on clubpr@cyclelab.com and i will send you all the details and put u in contact with the club secretary closest to you.
On our way out to dinner now so i wont be ignoring u if u respond, but can answer you later (wine induced) or in the morning. Wink

Be carefull of Bruce's' date=' Club 100 and Cyclelab as they do not stop at robots or 4-way stops. When I am in their territory I normally stop at all crossings ..... even if there is no regulatory signs.[/quote']

Awesome comment from a man that has just come back to SA, are you bored and stirring againAngry Sometime I wonder why you post some comments you do.

I have seen club 100, cycle lab and many other clubs on the road and I can honestly say that Cycle Lab hold there heads high when it comes to the rules and obeying all road signs when out on the road.

Hallo Skye..... is jy seker ek was weg...... baie scary thought ne!!!!!!!

The Engen to Engen weekday morning rides in Bryanston can get more than 300 riders. Biggest weekend club rides are definitely in Joburg and usually in the last 6 weeks or so leading up to big race like Argus or 94.7. I've estimated there to be well over 500 on some club rides - usually Cycle Lab and Club 100 get these big numbers. Haven't done a Pretoria ride but judging by the popularity of cycling there' date=' they can't be far off in terms of numbers.
These club rides get more cyclists than most races in other provinces! Amazing.

[/quote']

I work on Bryanston - mind if I join you?  Do I have to belong to your club?  At which Engen and at what time do you start and finish?  On which days?

I'll probably have to join a gym to have a shower afterwards.

-- thanks

The Engen to Engen weekday morning rides in Bryanston can get more than 300 riders. Biggest weekend club rides are definitely in Joburg and usually in the last 6 weeks or so leading up to big race like Argus or 94.7. I've estimated there to be well over 500 on some club rides - usually Cycle Lab and Club 100 get these big numbers. Haven't done a Pretoria ride but judging by the popularity of cycling there' date=' they can't be far off in terms of numbers.

[/quote']

I work on Bryanston - mind if I join you?  Do I have to belong to your club?  At which Engen and at what time do you start and finish?  On which days?

I'll probably have to join a gym to have a shower afterwards.

-- thanks

errr... just go dude! its like swimming in the sea every morning. its a free for all and noone will even know or care whether you are there or not Tongue

The benefit you will get if you join Cyclelab is you will have the backup vehicle as support and lots of other benefits. Knowing them, they will probably still help you if you are stuck, even although you are not a member Clap.

But if you gonna make that your ride and depend on them as your backup it is only fair to join the club Wink.

Wow, 600-700 cyclists on a club ride!  I am gobsmacked.  Do we have any similar club rides in Cape Town?  It seems most group rides in the Cape are typical small snooty nosed Elite groups or am I stirring again?!

Wow' date=' 600-700 cyclists on a club ride!  I am gobsmacked.  Do we have any similar club rides in Cape Town?  It seems most group rides in the Cape are typical small snooty nosed Elite groups or am I stirring again?![/quote']

hey WH morning you want Big H 's wooden spoon Wink is Mrs WH doing the brekkie ride with us ???

ek dink ek gaan julle skok.....

ek het gekuier in PE en my PAL "md", het my na 'n "sunday bunch ride'  geneem - dit het by MAKRO in Cape Road begin -  was ek verbaas toe ek so 300 + fietsryers sien - en dit vir PE van alle plekke -

BUT WAIT THERE's MORE......

die volgende sondag was die herald training ride wat deur "md" gereel is -

sal ek julle skok om te s? dat daar meer fietsryers was by die training ride as by die VW HERALD Self ? maklik 1300 +

Dit wil gedoen wees - veral in n PLEK soos PE -

Wow' date=' 600-700 cyclists on a club ride!  I am gobsmacked.  Do we have any similar club rides in Cape Town?  It seems most group rides in the Cape are typical small snooty nosed Elite groups or am I stirring again?![/quote']

hey WH morning you want Big H 's wooden spoon Wink is Mrs WH doing the brekkie ride with us ???

Nope, I don't think you'll get her out there with so many people around.  I've tried.Unhappy

Please check your facts before distributing untruths!

This may have been true 3 or 4 years ago, but I know that both Cycle Lab and Club 100 have worked hard to address this issue.

I run the marshalling at Cycle Lab and have done so for 3 years now. We have 35 full time Marshals assisted by 60 Race Team members. All are trained to stop at traffic lights and obey traffic regulations, and any reports of not doing so are treated immediately on a case by case basis. Believe me - when a Club Member is unhappy we hear about it quickly!!!

We have too many members to allow traffic rule transgressions and to allow such behaviour would probably open us up to liability if anything were to happen. We have produced manuals for both Marshals _and_ Club members on how to behave on a ride and proactively enforce good behaviour. Both are available from the Cycle Lab web site in PDF format (under the Club section).

If you have any problem with (official) Cycle Lab Club rides, please contact me directly at "jeremy at maccelari.com".

Please also note that a lot of complaints we get are actually not even about Cycle Lab members, but since we are the largest and most visible Club (and I have to boast - the best organised!), we tend to collect the flak for any cyclists' bad behaviour!

Big H, hoe lyk dit met 'n verskoning aan Club 100 and CycleLab ouboet?!  Lyk my hulle probeer jou tjank aftrap?Wink

[/quote']

There are a lot of other groups in Jhb. I ride with the Illovo Cycling Group (ICG) from the Total at the Thrupps Centre on Oxford Road, Rosebank. Times & rides are posted at http://www.cyclesafe.co.za/icg. In the immediate area the are at least another three ride groups that I know of!

Most groups will accept anyone to ride, but there are a couple of "selective" ones Wink, though!

The Engen is the biggest and best-known, though.